Improve speed leaderboard front end

by Ostixe360 - opened

Hi,
Have you thinking to improve the loading speed?
Because on week devices the leaderboard take a long time load and make the device freezing sometimes...
Maybe you could add pages system to improve the rendering (just an idea)
Thank you for considering it!

I posted about this before (after noticing that the leaderboard uses almost as much ram as Skyrim when using Firefox) and they closed the ticket. The tech they’re using for the leaderboard is very, very inefficient, and not suited for creating a website like this. Every action that takes 4-10 seconds to process would be instantaneous if they changed what it’s built with.

They should be using this: https://datatables.net/

Which would make the HF leaderboard as fast as this other LLM leaderboard:
https://llm.extractum.io/

My current issue is with viewing model sizes. To view all 7b models I have to uncheck 70b, wait 4 seconds, uncheck 30b, wait 4 seconds, etc, until 7b is the last one active. A data re-sort like this would take 0 seconds with DataTables.

It really doesn’t reflect well on HuggingFace since they’re trying to position themselves as tech industry leaders here. Sites like this worked seamlessly decades ago; it’s just a plain HTML table.

It takes a full 30 seconds for my phone to load the leaderboard, and 17 seconds every time I sort a column. Something has to change.

Hugging Face H4 org

Hi!
Thank you for your issue @Ostixe360 ! Yes, we have, after @spacecowgoesmoo opened their issue here.
The Gradio team is actually working on an upgrade for this, which will be released very soon.
We are also working on adding a lightweight version of the leaderboard as a very basic HTML page for people with connectivity problems, but it's not at the top of our priority list atm, we are doing our best to fix this soon!

Okay thank you!

Hugging Face H4 org

Tagging @pngwn who is working on this on the gradio side :)

The worst of this should be addressed in the next week.

clefourrier changed discussion title from Improve speed leaderboard to Improve speed leaderboard front end
Hugging Face H4 org

Hi @Ostixe360 @spacecowgoesmoo @TNTOutburst !
An upgrade of the leaderboard has been pushed thanks to the amazing efforts of @pngwn in the Gradio team, and the leaderboard is now blazing fast!
We hope you like it!

clefourrier changed discussion status to closed