Viewing this leaderboard uses 1.5GB of ram! Please fix it, suggestion inside

by spacecowgoesmoo - opened

There's no reason a plaintext table should use anywhere near this much memory and performance is noticeably poor on my phone. You should just need a vanilla HTML/JS page that fetches the LLM score data and puts it into one of these:

https://datatables.net/

An example is included on their front page, including column sorting and a search box. An old site I built with this tool and a similar amount of data uses about 0.04GB of ram on this PC.

Open LLM Leaderboard org

Hi! We don't plan on changing the front end to something other than a gradio app.

However, if it is too memory intensive for your devices, you can access the results directly here, to load them and plot them in a better way for you :)

clefourrier changed discussion status to closed

I strongly encourage you to reconsider. This table is simple enough that it'd have no performance issues over 1990s dialup, but here it's using nearly as much memory as Skyrim (2GB). Modern technology should be used to make things better, not less efficient.

spacecowgoesmoo changed discussion status to open
Open LLM Leaderboard org

Is it a problem with your browser requiring a lot of memory to display the leaderboard, or did you try running it locally?

It's when viewing the page in browser, with an OS memory usage monitor open. Surprisingly it's much worse in Firefox. OSX Chrome and Safari only use 0.6GB, but that's still too much. A Youtube video tab uses 0.4GB and that's handling a lot more than a plaintext table. Chrome and Safari are also sometimes able to free up the memory after pageload completes.

The leaderboard also takes a long time to re-sort by columns. With the Datatables library above this would be pretty much instant. Here's a working example from an older post here: https://llm.extractum.io/

Open LLM Leaderboard org

Hi! I pinged the Gradio team, and they are looking at it (issue here).
It's not something we can solve on our end without removing Gradio, which we don't want to do, so I'll close this issue.

clefourrier changed discussion status to closed