[NEW] Assistants

by victor HF staff - opened
Hugging Chat org
β€’
edited Mar 15

image.png

March 15th update: 🌐Internet Access for Assistants

Assistants on HuggingChat

Today we are releasing Assistants on HuggingChat!

Assistants are a fun way to package your prompts and share them with the world.

Browse featured Assistants here: https://huggingface.co/chat/assistants

Create your first Assistant

Create your first Assistant using this form: https://huggingface.co/chat/settings/assistants/new
All you have to do is choose a model, a name, and a system prompt and you are ready to go! Note that all Assistants are public by default with the author's name.

The most powerful feature of Assistants is that they are based on open source models (of course!), so don't hesitate to switch between one of the 6 available models to see which one better suits the type of Assistant you want!

Share your Assistants with the community

The easiest way to make people try your Assistant is simply to share its direct URL present in the Assistant setting.

If you want to share your Assistants with the community or give advice on how to create one, use the dedicated thread and get a chance to be featured on the Assistants page:

https://huggingface.co/spaces/huggingchat/chat-ui/discussions/356

Potential future features

A list of interesting features that could be added, add yours to this thread and I'll update this message.

• Improve some UI + UX flows (main priority)
  • Add a /assistants/{username} route to see all Assistants for a given user name
  • Being able to change model params for assistants (temperature, repetition penalty, ...)
  • Improve assistant creation for beginners (maybe with a step-by-step wizard or an assistant that creates other assistants)
  • Having a better way to test your Assistants during creation/edition
  • Being able to see the current used token count while editing your Assistant
  • Edit your Assistants via API, so you can always push up-to-date information to them.
  • Generate your Thumbnail Assistant via AI
  • Add RAG (and web search) to Assistant?
  • Continually add new models to HuggingChat and Assistants
  • A way to suggest changes on other users Assistants
  • Fork/duplicate Assistants
  • Prompts versioning
  • Allow you to use your own models onto your assistant (longer term)

Terms of use

Please note that you can report Assistants from the Assistant Settings page. Any assistant who is not respectful will be banned from HuggingChat immediately. The goal is to keep the community as caring and respectful as it has always been.

victor pinned discussion

+1 on Add RAG (and web search)

+1 on Add RAG (and web search)

+2 πŸ”₯

Add function calling capability

Two features that would make assistants infinitely more useful:

1. Function Calling - Capability w/User Defined functions endpoints. (ie. user could provide function calling schema + REST endpoints for function calling)
  2. RAG - Ability to upload documents (PDF, txt, URLs) that are chunked and stored into a VectorDB for RAG with the assistant.

How do Assistants work under the hood? Do they use OpenGPTs from Langchain?
Happy about a link to the docs or something

Ok just checked out the source code, doesn't look like OpenGPTs but their own thing

Amazing!

Amazing! I created an Assistant but it isn't showing up on the list, does it only show popular ones?

It's great, I love this community. I created my GPT and it is working great.

I hope that in the nearer future it can be added to inclusion topics for those people who have some physical difficulty such as: vision, listening and speaking, they can use these technologies.

It’s amazing, would be great to be able to upload long documents similar to OAI GPTs, maybe using something like MemGPT?

What are the licenses on the actual Assistants created in
https://huggingface.co/chat/

Can I copy some of the assistants into my own hosted version of chat-ui?

If there are unknowns, what about at least the assistants created by the huggingface team? Can I use these? Since most of these starter assistants are created by members of huggingface.

It would just really help if I can at least get a couple of these starter ones.

A stretch goal, or further extension: Can there be a tool to let others import the assistants created under huggingchat, into our own chat-ui implementation? That would just be awesome!
Without it, it is like we are now all missing this amazing feature, and possible have a fragmented community if we ever have our own chat-ui.

thanks!

Add RAG to Assistant is surely a big deal for me.

On my own hosted version of chat-ui, a main added feature is my own RAG which I call "knowledge base" (it works the same as web search, just with RAG). Now if I can make use of this assistants feature to add my own RAG, that would be amazing!!! In fact, that is the most important next feature for my product.

thanks!

Ok just checked out the source code, doesn't look like OpenGPTs but their own thing

For now, it looks like its just a custom prompt. I hope RAG and Function Calling will come next.

This is fantastic! Definitely would like to be able to adjust the temperature. Asking the assistant "how are you?" gives 3 paragraphs of spiel.

Thought I lost my assistant.

Here it is. It is called "Coder". In case I lose it or you want to try it. I hope other functions are also added that are mentioned by other users.
Another Assistant I created is "Learn English With AI" here.

100% add RAG. Also, there should be an option to hide our custom instruction in the setting.

When can we have API for assistants?
When are you planning to expose on Vercel AI SDK ?

is Assistants on HuggingChat opensource?

Hugging Chat org

is Assistants on HuggingChat opensource?

Yes, https://github.com/huggingface/chat-ui

Will be so much bots name on future, you can add search name bots.

Consider adding category tags for easier searching

buscar.png
Hello, is it possible to add a search engine? to filter by the names of the created attendees.

I feel bit nude to share my own Bot System Prompt. I think it's good when Creator bot can choose to hidden their own System Instructions.

is it possible to save these customized models to the model hub?

Image generation would be a nice touch.

can the created assistant be available as REST Endpoint to access outside of hugging face ?

I feel bit nude to share my own Bot System Prompt. I think it's good when Creator bot can choose to hidden their own System Instructions.

isn't that against the purpose of open-source? I mean, for now the used techniques in the system-prompt are the only interesting thing about current assistants. to me, usage of assistants with their current abilities will be not of any direct value - the only interesting thing is the way people formulate their instructions. IMHO hiding these instructions, reduces the value of the assistants to zero.

Hugging Chat org

We are thinking about whether or not to add an option to "hide" the prompt.

one of the reasons we are unsure for now (in addition to the spirit of open source and knowledge sharing as @LHind-RobG says) is that no LLM prompt is ever really "hidden" ie. any attempt at preventing retrieval is a bit hackish/non robust.

I created 3 assistants but only see the one I asked the last question of, how can I see all of my assistants that I created

Hugging Chat org
β€’
edited Feb 6

I created 3 assistants but only see the one I asked the last question of, how can I see all of my assistants that I created

@Paul-Arista here: https://huggingface.co/chat/settings in the list on the left.

Given that we know that people remake diseased partners or loved ones in ai to talk to them again or throw confidential company structures/documentation into system prompts etc, is it really a good idea to enforce that every assistant is to be open and accessible to everyone?
Its obviously not great that company (or realistically trade-) secrets and very private personal information get thrown onto huggingchat servers but its a lot better than having that available to everyone who cares to look.
Since everything is open source I suppose you could just run everything local, but (as far as I can tell) I dont have the hardware and barely enough tech knowledge to set that up and I doubt most people even have that much.
But Im also not sure how you'd then prevent selfish use of everything here with the ability to make assistants private to the user who created them.
This is pretty tough and Im not sure there even is a good solution here, to be honest.

如何使用api θͺΏη”¨ε€‹δΊΊεŠ©η†οΌŸ

what he said was 'How to use the API to call a personal assistant'

what he said was 'How to use the API to call a personal assistant' ζŠ±ζ­‰οΌŒζˆ‘δ»₯η‚Ίι€™θ£‘ζœ‰θ‡ͺ動翻譯。
ζ„Ÿθ¬ζ‚¨εΉ«εΏ™γ€‚

… is that no LLM prompt is ever really "hidden" ie. any attempt at preventing retrieval is a bit hackish/non robust.

All of the ChatGPT system prompts, the "very secret" Bing AI prompt, etc. have been leaked.

@guary I mean just opt-out from sharing your conversations and don't use assistants feature? You can use system prompt without making it public assistant.
Also you could check huggingchat privacy policy if you are really concerned about privacy:

"By default, your conversations may be shared with the respective models' authors to improve their training data and model over time. Model authors are the custodians of the data collected by their model, even if it's hosted on our platform.

If you disable data sharing in your settings, your conversations will not be used for any downstream usage (including for research or model training purposes), and they will only be stored to let you access past conversations. You can click on the Delete icon to delete any past conversation at any moment."

1. What will happen to the Assistant if a model is taken down? Migrate to new llm with context token +prompt as we/bot authors can change sys prompt of the assistants anytime? unlikely ig. or we could have a migration system for our old chats.
  2. shall there be a "View Sys Prompt" just like in regular chats beside/below the bot button? As the assistant button at the top shows the latest prompt only while the chat might have started with another prompt. (doesn't change the already active chat really)(once it recognized the changed sys prompt upon me mentioning only a part of it)

I'm getting "must be logged in", though I am logged into Hugging Face, when trying to create a new assistant. Is there some additional way I need to log in?

Hugging Chat org

I'm getting "must be logged in", though I am logged into Hugging Face, when trying to create a new assistant. Is there some additional way I need to log in?

No that might be a bug but I cannot reproduce, do you see your username in the bottom navigation?

image.png

Je sais que la vie n'est pas si Γ©vidente que Γ§a pour tout le monde mais Γ©tant dans le domaine de l'informatique si je peux vous Γͺtre utile voir mΓͺme participer financiΓ¨rement pour que ces fonctionnalitΓ©s restent gratuites et Γ  porter de tout le monde : vous pouvez compter sur moi ! Et vivre le savoir et la technologie libre et pour tous !
Merci la communauté ❀️

More features that would make assistants infinitely more useful for ( non coders )

Auto Function Creator: A simple prompt could lead to the creation of custom functions.
It's about making programming accessible to all, empowering creativity without deep technical expertise

@victor It was properly bc I started in guest mode, but then couldn't find a way to leave that mode. After trying things out for some time a pop-up to log in appeared, and then I could solve my problem.

Je sais que la vie n'est pas si Γ©vidente que Γ§a pour tout le monde mais Γ©tant dans le domaine de l'informatique si je peux vous Γͺtre utile voir mΓͺme participer financiΓ¨rement pour que ces fonctionnalitΓ©s restent gratuites et Γ  porter de tout le monde : vous pouvez compter sur moi ! Et vivre le savoir et la technologie libre et pour tous !
Merci la communauté ❀️

@Batwilf HuggingFace est une boite avec un fond de +4 Milliard dollars 🀯 Mais il y a tjrs des communautΓ©s et des groupes qui travaillent dur et finallement publier leur traveaux open source et je pense que la majorite (meme tout le monde) ont tjrs besoin de ce type de support πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ”₯ Merci pour ton engagement envers Open Science πŸ€—

How much text can you put into the custom instructions?

No description provided.

i have one request that might be a bit of a reach but would be an awesome feature. if there could be a way that we can make an api call or some other call out to a custom model, we could use the model for other applications.

I think it would be useful to be able to attach content to ground the assistant like PDF, word docs, spreadsheets etc.

Pls add (1) memory and (2) another layer with another model (or the same), to moderate, or to direct the first one (who can actually talk to users)

This comment has been hidden

Can we change the preview of an assistant for social media posts? It looks too much like another website's. Just a background color change would do the trick.

Do these models have guardrails built in already? Or do we need to include them in the prompt?

Do these models have guardrails built in already? Or do we need to include them in the prompt?

Depends on the model. For example, CodeLlama will have many guardrails, Nous Mixtral will not.

Depends on the model. For example, CodeLlama will have many guardrails, Nous Mixtral will not.

Mistral 7b? I’m only asking bc I haven’t been able to determine whether the models for the Assistants feature specifically include guardrails or not. Apologies, I wasn’t clear before.

Will there be a search feature for assistants?

Allow to create private assistants.

is there any API? What features do you need so that it can run on your PC?

Hugging Chat org

is there any API? What features do you need so that it can run on your PC?

Yes, check this: https://huggingface.co/chat/settings

Is there any api we can use to call from like a python script though?

People, today, February 22, I have been asked several times, the GPTs are still processing the response and the model I am using is mistralai/Mixtral-8x7B-Instruct-v0.1, could it be that many requests are being made to the server and not Is it enough? help !

It would be nice to be able to make the assistants private

Is there a feature that allows the assistants to be categorized? for example, I'm interested in health topics, is there a way to classify them or search the assistants?

+1 Being able to change model params for assistants (temperature, repetition penalty, ...)

Does the assistant read&train on links in the instructions?

I'm getting this error now with most of the assistants:
image.png

Jsut getting started with this - ported my Custom GPT from OAI to here as this is more public / open ;)

This Assistant is a group of 4 stellar startup founders, go ahead and talk to all 4 of them ;)

https://hf.co/chat/assistant/65f46eb3896fca19f055ba0c

Can we have private Assistants so that we can experiment and test them before making it public?

Hugging Chat org

Can we have private Assistants so that we can experiment and test them before making it public?

If you don't share them them they should not be visible anywhere to others.

If you don't share them them they should not be visible anywhere to others.

When opening the window to create an assistant, a note at the top states that 'All assistants are public'. Not completely sure how it can be made private like that.

Γ¨ possibile integrare un assistente chatbot personalizzato all'interno di una piattaforma cloud basata sul modello di macchina a stati che consente giΓ  di creare processi digitali personalizzati correlando singoli servizi tra loro?

Hi Victor. I made a chatbot about dictionaries, this is the link https://hf.co/chat/assistant/65c570eedf1b8733c8fc794b. ItΒ΄s public but I do not see it when I browse the Community Chatbots. What could have happened ?

Hi Victor. I made a chatbot about dictionaries, this is the link https://hf.co/chat/assistant/65c570eedf1b8733c8fc794b. ItΒ΄s public but I do not see it when I browse the Community Chatbots. What could have happened ?

@victor @nsarrazin Same issue for my assistant , https://hf.co/chat/assistant/6612cb237c1e770b75c5ebad

@KingNish @Flos0005 @flexagontnt it's like unlisted. unless you share the link and few people use it, it starts to appear in the assistants page ig
@victor although i do have a test assistant here assistants?user=svcy but it doesn't show from incognito/where i'm not logged in. I assume it's only a filter (by username) for assistants page+own bots? Thus, others' bots aren't visible here. but shouldn't they be available as it is said that all assistants are public by default?
it'd be best if we could have some sort of toggle option maybe..
and thanks anyway 😊

How can I make my assistant(https://hf.co/chat/assistant/65fc7e89c0f4abe9abb9d304) come to the Community list? I have reached 10+ users, but it's not showing up in it.

Maybe they only add featured bots?

@KingNish @Flos0005 @flexagontnt it's like unlisted. unless you share the link and few people use it, it starts to appear in the assistants page ig

@SvCy Can you do me favor, By checking out my assistant.
Assistant link - https://hf.co/chat/assistant/6612cb237c1e770b75c5ebad

@KingNish i already did. It's the fairly popular pollinations.ai. for now I can recommend that the numbers of generations should be lowered a bit or not to auto gen it's suggested ideas unless users confirm.. but it's your bot ofc.. so, whatever you think is good for it πŸ™‚

@raduwolf Your amazon assistant is good, But the link it generates never works.

@Flos0005 Your dictionary is very good, it translates any word from any language. Super.

@KingNish i already did. It's the fairly popular pollinations.ai. for now I can recommend that the numbers of generations should be lowered a bit or not to auto gen it's suggested ideas unless users confirm.. but it's your bot ofc.. so, whatever you think is good for it πŸ™‚

@SvCy Thank you for your Review. As you know Image generated by ai is not Perfect every time. So, I come up with idea to generate many images at once, so user do not waste their time and get best result.
See this example- https://hf.co/chat/r/ecanPCM
in this you can see some images have error. so, when you generate more images, you get images with more accuracy and also give options to choose. + Main motive of this ai is bulk generation.
But if you want to gen 1 or 3 images you can include it in prompt.

As you say to stop autogen suggesting idea. So , I will stop generating suggest ideas images, but suggesting ideas will still generate without image.

Saurav Thank you Once again for your detailed review.

Edit - Okk I updated AI if you give detailed prompt than AI will generate 1 image but if you give low quality prompt then ai refine its prompt with promptify and break low quality prompts into 8 good quality prompts and generate 8 images.
Also, from now more ideas does not generate any mage until you say it to generate.

image.png

image.png

@KingNish You're welcome!😊 if possible I'll engage more in your thread at #399. cya then!

• Improve assistant creation for beginners (maybe with a step-by-step wizard or an assistant that creates other assistants)

@victor I am working on the assistant which help to create assistant step by step. Can you please check it or help in modifying it.
And is there any documentation or something which help it in improving.

https://hf.co/chat/assistant/66142eaa308c1b934f922a31 (Currently in alpha stage so, lots of error currently working to solve)

Feature That was added to it

1. Help in making assistant step by step
  2. Help in Choosing write model and setting.
  3. Help in generating System Instruction.
  4. Help in Generating Thumbnails for assistant.
  5. Help in solving errors while making assistant.
  6. Help in Suggesting feature for assistant.

and here is example for making an amazon helper assistant https://hf.co/chat/r/rGHqcL3

Click Me for Example

And please suggest feature and bugs.

Hugging Chat org

Interesting @KingNish - This makes me think we should add a transportable JSON schema for assistants cc @nsarrazin

Feature added with promptifier 0.5 but result are okk okk 2/10

Edit: More improved version of both logo and instruction generator

I created logo of some Assistant

image.png

Results are Good from their current. 9/10

Some more logo

@julien-c Clone of Hugging Face CTO -

Click Me To see image

image.png

image.png

image.png

@DavidMcKay Professor GPT -

Click Me To see image

image.png

image.png

@nirajandhakal Coder assistant -

Click Me To see image

image.png

image.png

image.png

@KingNish Hugging Tutor

Click Me To see image

image.png

Interesting @KingNish - This makes me think we should add a transportable JSON schema for assistants cc @nsarrazin

Finally Done

@victor Check it - https://hf.co/chat/assistant/66142eaa308c1b934f922a31

Feature That was added to it

1. Help in making assistant step by step
  2. Help in Choosing write model and setting.
  3. Help in generating System Instruction.
  4. Help in Generating Thumbnails for assistant.
  5. Help in solving errors while making assistant.
  6. Help in Suggesting feature for assistant.

# Request of Feature

Assistant of the week
It helps new assistant to reach people.
Just add it at Top (As like spaces.)

image.png

How do I adjust the repetition penalty? Every time I adjust it even a little it says β€œenter a valid value”

How do I adjust the repetition penalty? Every time I adjust it even a little it says β€œenter a valid value”

Place value between 0.8 to 1.2 till 1 decimal place.

@KingNish where are we talking about placing them? running locally? or specifc spaces?

It still doesn’t work, putting 1.2 still says enter a valid value, I’m using cohere,

It still doesn’t work, putting 1.2 still says enter a valid value, I’m using cohere,

Try 1.1 ( in cohere 1.1 is working for me)

@KingNish where are we talking about placing them? running locally? or specifc spaces?

In hugging chat models advanced setting
Screenshot_20240412-181450~2.png

@KingNish oh at assistant creation! i thought i was missing something! phew
Thanks anyway😊

But the problem is that I can’t do more than 1.1

But the problem is that I can’t do more than 1.1

Why you want to give more penalty,

The reason for reputation penalty till 1.1 (all ai have till 2 if you run locally) because if you increase it then ai will go very out of your prompt and it even can start creating more inaccurate information.

I don’t know if this is the right question, but can I have some guidance on making an assistant that can write erotica like a human?

@Macaroon76 no man i don't think this is an appropriate topic for this community. Any such assistants are to be reported to keep the platform & community safe for everyone.

Why my Assistant is not showing on community assistant page??
It even completed 100+ users.
image.png

image.png

Assistant linkπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
https://hf.co/chat/assistant/6612cb237c1e770b75c5ebad

Edit: Thanks for adding it to Community page

image.png

Newbbie needs a little help.
This is my assistant:
https://hf.co/chat/assistant/6624089224a9e549f1a80279

I only want it to get the info from a single link so I chose Specific Link and also added - {{url=https://aqua-lolita-86.tiiny.site/}}

But keeps going online instead of giving the prompt answer for when it doesn't know the answer.
What am I doing wrong.
Can someone give a hand. Thank you!

Hey, @Wingheaded I checked your bot and its working fine. As you said:

But keeps going online instead of giving the prompt answer for when it doesn't know the answer.

So, the bot goes online only to specific link and when asked a question outside the scope of the link's data, it simply declines to answer.

image.png

Hmmm... That's what I want. But when I previewed it, it wasn't doing that. Strange.
So it seems that it's working fine. Thank you!

Is there a way to make an assistant that acts like or exactly like Claude opus?

Hugging Chat org

What do you mean?

This comment has been hidden

Use following system prompt -

"Your name is Claude 3 Opus, You are made by Anthrophic.. You will respond to user requests in the Claude 3 Opus style."

By usin this prompt he will just act like Claude 3 opus. (But he will still remain the same model you select)

"Your name is Claude 3 Opus, You are made by Anthrophic.. You will respond to user requests in the Claude 3 Opus style."

By usin this prompt he will just act like Claude 3 opus. (But he will still remain the same model you select)

Which model and what settings are most optimal?

Note that this will only make the LLM say it's name is Claude 3 Opus, but will not achieve similar performance or behavior.

Note that this will only make the LLM say it's name is Claude 3 Opus, but will not achieve similar performance or behavior.

Then how does the ChatGPT clone work?

The system prompt just says something like "You are ChatGPT by OpenAI" - it's not actually ChatGPT

Is there a way to make an assistant that makes high quality creative writing and books LIKE a human with no flowerly language ect………….

@Maxiscool i think that would require proper fine-tuning. after all, system prompts can only do so much.. depending on the book type, you can proceed with thorough details and trials and errors tho.. maybe pick an instruct model first.