Any plans to unpause this?

by BeautifulFrequency - opened

Yes I will! please ask @fffiloni

It will not come back, as MuBert closed their API. I am working on an other version, which will use recent models. Stay tuned !

Well, that’s a shame, although it does make sense. Upon registering for a Mubert account I have realized that contrary to what I had thought in a previous post, the inaccuracies in outputted songs compared to the images apparently were not due to CLIP Interrogator misinterpretations/hallucinations, but rather because Mubert seems to have generalized more towards more modern stuff, so even if you upload a medieval castle type image to their website, you’ll probably get some 2019 club music or something rather than what you would expect from such an image - something that plays into the vibe of what we expect from fantasy (note that this isn’t my primary interest here, I’m just listing it as an example)

To be honest, it’s not hard to see why it’s all come to this, since why bother repairing the ai if Mubert just wants to break it with some random update after 3 months when you could instead be fixing bugs, adding and/or enhancing existing features of the ai? Motivation for most people would probably just become non-existent at that point, since they could spend their time on something different that doesn’t just break every month or 2. Still, I am glad that you are deciding to make a second version of this for those who want it.

Anyway, I suppose it is now time for me to start making videos to post onto here that showcase the songs I’ve generated here (which will have been upscaled and edited (extended) and even named, so that I can show people what this would’ve been capable of, and also just because it’s some of the last content this space will ever see in its community tab now that this has happened.

Also kinda crazy to see its at nearly 1000 likes now (989 as of writing this), really goes to show how much of a banger this space was back in its hayday.