Add Mute Button for Notifications

by aigeek0x0 - opened

Please stop sending update notifications for every new conversation. Add a Mute button.

@aigeek0x0 While I agree that it would be nice to opt out of notifications from a thread that's become too active and you no longer care about, it's not technically spam.

Spam is "unsolicited and unwanted messages". Since the messages are only sent from threads you participate in (solicited) it's not spam. Plus in the inbox you can select said messages then click the "read" button without reading them, which is what I do. But being able to mute a thread would be a better solution.

I didn't mean to report Spam, but there is nothing else I was able to do to send feedback. Thanks for your advice.

aigeek0x0 changed discussion status to closed

@aigeek0x0 Although not technically spam, the issue you reported is valid. It would be nice if there was a mute option for active threads you no longer care about. Hopefully a HF staff member read your issue and took it into account before you closed it.

aigeek0x0 changed discussion status to open
aigeek0x0 changed discussion title from 🚩 Report: Spam to Add Mute Button for Notifications
Hugging Face H4 org HF Staff

Hi ! Thanks for your feedback, I notified the team responsible for this :)

Hugging Face H4 org HF Staff
edited Jan 22

Hi! Just know that in the meantime, you can also mute a full repo in your settings.
Closing this issue as it's not something the leaderboard team can solve and we pinged relevant people internally.

clefourrier changed discussion status to closed