This model transcribes speech in lowercase Spanish alphabet including spaces, and was trained on a composite dataset comprising of 1340 hours of Spanish speech. It is a "large" variant of Conformer-Transducer, with around 120 million parameters. See the model architecture section and NeMo documentation for complete architecture details.
To train, fine-tune or play with the model you will need to install NVIDIA NeMo. We recommend you install it after you've installed latest Pytorch version.
pip install nemo_toolkit['all']
The model is available for use in the NeMo toolkit , and can be used as a pre-trained checkpoint for inference or for fine-tuning on another dataset.
import nemo.collections.asr as nemo_asr asr_model = nemo_asr.models.EncDecRNNTBPEModel.from_pretrained("nvidia/stt_es_conformer_transducer_large")
First, let's get a sample
Then simply do:
python [NEMO_GIT_FOLDER]/examples/asr/transcribe_speech.py pretrained_name="nvidia/stt_es_conformer_transducer_large" audio_dir="<DIRECTORY CONTAINING AUDIO FILES>"
This model accepts 16000 Hz Mono-channel Audio (wav files) as input.
This model provides transcribed speech as a string for a given audio sample.
Conformer-Transducer model is an autoregressive variant of Conformer model  for Automatic Speech Recognition which uses Transducer loss/decoding instead of CTC Loss. You may find more info on the detail of this model here: Conformer-Transducer Model.
The tokenizers for these models were built using the text transcripts of the train set with this script.
All the models in this collection are trained on a composite dataset (NeMo ASRSET) comprising of 1340 hours of Spanish speech:
- Mozilla Common Voice 7.0 (Spanish) - 289 hours after data cleaning
- Multilingual LibriSpeech (Spanish) - 801 hours after data cleaning
- Voxpopuli transcribed subset (Spanish) - 110 hours after data cleaning
- Fisher dataset (Spanish) - 140 hours after data cleaning
The list of the available models in this collection is shown in the following table. Performances of the ASR models are reported in terms of Word Error Rate (WER%) with greedy decoding.
|Version||Tokenizer||Vocabulary Size||MCV 7.0 Dev||MCV 7.0 Test||MLS Dev||MLS Test||Voxpopuli Dev||Voxpopuli Test||Fisher Dev||Fisher Test||Train Dataset|
|1.8.0||SentencePiece Unigram||1024||4.6||5.2||2.7||3.2||4.7||6.0||14.7||14.8||NeMo ASRSET 2.0|
Since this model was trained on publicly available speech datasets, the performance of this model might degrade for speech which includes technical terms, or vernacular that the model has not been trained on. The model might also perform worse for accented speech.
NVIDIA Riva, is an accelerated speech AI SDK deployable on-prem, in all clouds, multi-cloud, hybrid, on edge, and embedded. Additionally, Riva provides:
- World-class out-of-the-box accuracy for the most common languages with model checkpoints trained on proprietary data with hundreds of thousands of GPU-compute hours
- Best in class accuracy with run-time word boosting (e.g., brand and product names) and customization of acoustic model, language model, and inverse text normalization
- Streaming speech recognition, Kubernetes compatible scaling, and enterprise-grade support
-  Conformer: Convolution-augmented Transformer for Speech Recognition
-  Google Sentencepiece Tokenizer
-  NVIDIA NeMo Toolkit
- Downloads last month