For a demo of the Dutch CNN summarization models, head over to the Hugging Face Spaces for the Netherformer 📰 example application!
Rouge scores for this model are listed below.
- SentencePiece tokenizer trained from scratch for Dutch on mC4 nl cleaned with scripts from the Huggingface Transformers Flax examples.
All models listed below are trained on of the
full configuration (39B tokens) of
cleaned Dutch mC4,
which is the original mC4, except
- Documents that contained words from a selection of the Dutch and English List of Dirty Naught Obscene and Otherwise Bad Words are removed
- Sentences with less than 3 words are removed
- Sentences with a word of more than 1000 characters are removed
- Documents with less than 5 sentences are removed
TL;DR: yhavinga/t5-v1.1-base-dutch-cased is the best model.
yhavinga/t5-base-dutchis a re-training of the Dutch T5 base v1.0 model trained during the summer 2021 Flax/Jax community week. Accuracy was improved from 0.64 to 0.70.
- The two T5 v1.1 base models are an uncased and cased version of
t5-v1.1-base, again pre-trained from scratch on Dutch, with a tokenizer also trained from scratch. The t5 v1.1 models are slightly different from the t5 models, and the base models are trained with a dropout of 0.0. For fine-tuning it is intended to set this back to 0.1.
- The large cased model is a pre-trained Dutch version of
t5-v1.1-large. Training of t5-v1.1-large proved difficult. Without dropout regularization, the training would diverge at a certain point. With dropout training went better, be it much slower than training the t5-model. At some point convergance was too slow to warrant further training. The latest checkpoint, training scripts and metrics are available for reference. For actual fine-tuning the cased base model is probably the better choice.
|model||train seq len||acc||loss||batch size||epochs||steps||dropout||optim||lr||duration|
The cased t5-v1.1 Dutch models were fine-tuned on summarizing the CNN Daily Mail dataset.
|model||input len||target len||Rouge1||Rouge2||RougeL||RougeLsum||Test Gen Len||epochs||batch size||steps||duration|
This project would not have been possible without compute generously provided by Google through the TPU Research Cloud. The HuggingFace 🤗 ecosystem was also instrumental in many, if not all parts of the training. The following repositories where helpful in setting up the TPU-VM, and training the models:
- Gsarti's Pretrain and Fine-tune a T5 model with Flax on GCP
- HUggingFace Flax MLM examples
- Flax/Jax Community week t5-base-dutch
Created by Yeb Havinga
- Downloads last month
Datasets used to train yhavinga/t5-v1.1-base-dutch-cnn-test
Space using yhavinga/t5-v1.1-base-dutch-cnn-test
- ROUGE-1 on ml6team/cnn_dailymail_nlverified38.545
- ROUGE-2 on ml6team/cnn_dailymail_nlverified15.713
- ROUGE-L on ml6team/cnn_dailymail_nlverified25.916
- ROUGE-LSUM on ml6team/cnn_dailymail_nlverified35.449
- loss on ml6team/cnn_dailymail_nlverified2.073
- gen_len on ml6team/cnn_dailymail_nlverified91.170