[Comic] nothing to live for I really don't understand why living is worth it at this ...

by toilers-united24 - opened

Story prompt:

nothing to live for I really don't understand why living is worth it at this point. I feel like capitalism is made to weed the weakest of us out, the ones who struggle with depression/mental or physical disability/abuse etc. I've made it well past the age I thought I'd be dead by and I still feel absolutely no promise of a better life, no silver lining, no light at the end of the tunnel. I just started a job that I was excited about because it pays better than most food service jobs but I just did the math and basically I'll never be able to afford an apartment no matter how much I save. Even if I get a promotion and make more money or find a roommate I'll still be scraping by and will never be able to save any money. What's the point of working just to eat and shit and sleep? Especially if I feel so fucked up every second of every day? I could go to college, but what for? I have no interests. Nothing in life seems pleasing to me to do for a living. Art, design, science, social work, technology, music, teaching; every conceivable field sparks absolutely no joy in me more than being a stupid fucking customer service slave does. What am I supposed to do with my time on earth if nothing makes me happy? No amount of medication or therapy or fucking yoga has ever changed that. I feel like life itself is a dead end. Every second of my life feels like a waste of time, all I do is snack and sleep and rewatch the office. So why the fuck should I even stick around? Just to spare my family some grief? They're living pointless lives too, we're all stuck on this stupid conveyer belt and there's no such thing as happiness, so what would it even matter?

Preset:

American (modern)

Comic:

Drag & drop your comic image (converted to JPG) here!