Quality is out of control

by JoseppeAngel - opened

It seems that every time the server shuts down and reinitializes there is a loss in quality in the final images rendered for each panel. the engine is much faster now but, at the expense in loss of quality. I would rather have 10 good renders, than 100 useless cartoony toons. Quality should not be sacrificed for speed.

Normally if you disable the "speedy" model in the options you will get the SDXL 1.0 model (base + refiner)

Normally if you disable the "speedy" model in the options you will get the SDXL 1.0 model (base + refiner)

where the hell is that option? I don't see anything for options anywhere.

The customization of the quality level is done here:

image_1.jpg

Capture d’écran 2023-12-14 à 18.54.44.png

Nothing was sacrificed: you can switch between both at any time, and it will save your settings in your browser, even if you reload the page.

I can understand this is inconvenient from an external perspective, but a compromise had to be made to make sure that people who want the high-quality settings have enough servers for them, without it costing too much for us (remember the AI Comic Factory is free, we can't add infinite GPUs to it, or else we would have to shutdown it due to the costs).

Many users are just curious and/or are bots, or people who don't really mind good quality (they will try it 5 minutes, then leave).
So for them we give a fast experience, where they don't have to wait, and that way they don't slow things down for people who want better quality, like you.

For such people who can wait and are regular users, it is very simple (imho - but I agree the UI could be improved further, maybe with a big button, intro tutorial, video etc although I don't have the time to do this at the moment) to just click on a toggle and then it's done, it will be saved in the settings.