The Styles

by P-Vekk - opened

I am trying to understand what the different styles represent

JAPANESE is modern Japanese manga.
NIHONGA seems to be traditional Japanese prints (I don't know enough Japanese art history to give you a precise period)
FRANCO-BELGIAN is modern Franco-Belgian "bandes dessines".
AMERICAN (MODERN) is modern American comic books.
AMERICAN (1950) is American comic books of about 1950, what is called the "Golden Age"
FLYING SAUCER I think is based on science fiction pulp covers? Or maybe very early "Golden Age" comics?
HUMANOID I am not certain. It looks like American (modern) with more science fiction elements like giant robots, cyborgs, and so on.
HADDOCK is the "ligne claire" style characteristic of Herge.
ARMORICAN I am not sure of, it kind of feels to me like posters made circa 1900.
3D RENDER looks like a render from a 3d art program.
KLIMT emulates the style of Austrian painter Gustav Klimt
MEDIEVAL gives results reminiscent of a medieval illuminated manuscript (overall, it looks late medieval/early renaissance to me)
EGYPTIAN generally emulates the styles found on the walls of ancient Egyptian tombs, but once it produced for me an ancient Egyptian sarcophagus.

Let me know if you think I am wrong about any of these, or if you have more information.

hello " humanoid" is in reference of a special style from a french editor of comics of the heighties " les humanoid associés " who are world famous for having made the magazine and the movie " metal hurlant " ( heavy metal ) from the wiki page = " founded in December 1974 by comic artists Mœbius, Jean-Pierre Dionnet, Philippe Druillet, and financial director Bernard Farkas. "

https://archive.org/details/print_201906

But me i want see more style on the soft " american underground" can be nice