Which model is responsible for naming of the thread?

by qnixsynapse - opened

image.png

Here the main model is Gemma 8B 1.1, obviously got wrong but the thread name made me ROFL! ๐Ÿคฃ Thought of asking here.

Well Mixtral is responsible for this.

From here

HF Chat has a Mistral 7B model setup with system prompt for the task of summarizing the first chat prompt/msg into a title for the chat history log, so unless one explicitly addresses that in the first msg it is what it is ig. and we can always rename it. Still, i think it would have been awesome if we could customize the naming style/prompt it ourselves.

So yeah, the first prompt goes to 2 models

@SvCy Do you know the reason for that

Hugging Chat org

@SvCy Do you know the reason for that

Mistral 7B is a lightweight model that follows instructions pretty well, so we use it for all our "tasks" (generating the web search query, finding a title for conversation, etc.)

Mistral 7B is a lightweight model that follows instructions pretty well, so we use it for all our "tasks" (generating the web search query, finding a title for conversation, etc.)

Ook, thanks

Yes. Mistral 7B is an amazing model. It's best to prompt the model like this(assuming it is the instruct model): "[INST] Create a topic name from the following message[s]: {messages} [/INST]".

Something like this(I used Gemma 1.1 in this case and honestly I am finding it amazing!):
image.png

I suggest switching to Dolphin-Mistral-7B. Its cross-language ability, generation quality and breadth of knowledge are amazing.

@qnixsynapse and @Mindires
Task Model is changed to Llama 3 70B.
And Naming of Thread is also improved by @nsarrazin
Check it out!