About legal use

by Scatto - opened

Hi, i just discovered chat-ui, it is awesome, but id like to know about the possible use case, i mean, can it be used commercially, for example, by creating asistants that writes scripts for monetized youtube channels or, lyrics for songs that can be comercialized or things like that?

Hugging Chat org

The license for chat-ui is Apache License 2.0 you can find it on our github here. It's a fairly permissive license which allows for commercial use. 🚀

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. Does this license apply for the obtained outputs, independently from the model selected in the chat?
I mean, somewhere i read that, it has the facebook model and facebook don´t want it used comercially or something like that. And that makes me doubt if i can use hugging chat and the loaded models for things like monetized videos scripts or other kind of comercial uses.

Don't worry @Scatto In the U.S., a recent court ruling affirmed that “human authorship is an essential part of a valid copyright claim,” indicating that AI-generated works may not be eligible for copyright.

Article Link - https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10922

It means you can use any ai generated item without any hesitation.

Thank you very much for your answer. It is sometimes confusing, as some services say that the generated content can be used commercially by users, but others say that their generations cannot.

@Scatto Practically this things is not possible for Company to give Copyright strike, Many of My friend uses ai in there video to generate images, script, Sfx, BGM and they didn't get any copyright strike.
If you think that then give credit to ai in description.