[MODELS] Discussion

by victor HF staff - opened
Hugging Chat org
โ€ข
edited 11 days ago

Here we can discuss about HuggingChat available models.

image.png

victor pinned discussion

what are limits of using these? how many api calls can i send them per month?

How can I know which model am using

How can I know which model am using

at the bottom of your screen:
image.png

Out of all these models, Gemma, which was recently released, has the newest information about .NET. However, I don't know which one has the most accurate answers regarding coding

Gemma seems really biased. With web search on, it says that it doesn't have access to recent information asking it almost anything about recent events. But when I ask it about recent events with Google, I get responses with the recent events.

apparently gemma cannot code?

Gemma is just like Google's Gemini series models, it have a very strong moral limit put on, any operation that may related to file operation, access that might be deep, would be censored and refused to reply.
So even there are solution for such things in its training data, it will just be filtered and ignored.
But still didn't test the coding accuracy that doesn't related to these kind of "dangerous" operations

This comment has been hidden

is it possible to know what parameters this models are running ?

Hugging Chat org

It's all here! https://github.com/huggingface/chat-ui/blob/main/.env.template

It's all here! https://github.com/huggingface/chat-ui/blob/main/.env.template

thanks this is super useful OWO

What happened to Falcon? It was my favorite. :(

Hugging Chat org
โ€ข
edited Feb 27

@SAMMdev Falcon was too costly to run at scale (for now), we might put back a more optimized version in the future

I would like to use "mistralai/Mixtral-8x7B-Instruct-v0.1";
Please could tell me what is the precision of the model behind the chat? Thanks

This comment has been hidden

@SAMMdev Falcon was too costly to run at scale (for now), we might put back a more optimized version in the future

What if we use Falcon 70B?

smaug 72B would be a great addition

Iโ€™m unable to get output from CodeLlama

I'm also voting for Samsung 72B. We already have the two Llama 70B models on here soo to me it seems reasonable to integrate this one as well.

This is probably not going to happen, but xai-org/grok-1 would be insane to have here

IYH Why is the title of most chats (on the left panels roster) "๐Ÿค– Hello! I am a language model AI assistant."?

This implies that the system prompt of my assistants is not the fundamental prompt, but there is an inbuilt base prompt that is run before my system prompt .. is this correct roughly and if so how do I change this base prompt for Mistral LLM ?

hgchattitles.PNG

Could you consider DBRX Instruct and Command-R? The official space for DBRX Instruct is too limited (it only allows for a 5-turn conversation) and there is no space for Command-R.

IYH thank you for your advice. Apologies I have no idea what the concepts mean or what to do "Could you consider DBRX Instruct and Command-R? The official space for DBRX Instruct is too limited (it only allows for a 5-turn conversation) and there is no space for Command-R." (fwiw I prompted mistral about it and it did not know either.)
Would you kindly elaborate (or point me towards a resource that explains this

IYH thank you for your advice. Apologies I have no idea what the concepts mean or what to do "Could you consider DBRX Instruct and Command-R? The official space for DBRX Instruct is too limited (it only allows for a 5-turn conversation) and there is no space for Command-R." (fwiw I prompted mistral about it and it did not know either.)
Would you kindly elaborate (or point me towards a resource that explains this

Huggingface will notify you when someone posts in a discussion you've commented on, even if they didn't directly reply to you. I was suggesting two new models, unrelated to your question.

Which model is better to use?
How to know difference of them?

IYH Why is the title of most chats (on the left panels roster) "๐Ÿค– Hello! I am a language model AI assistant."?

This implies that the system prompt of my assistants is not the fundamental prompt, but there is an inbuilt base prompt that is run before my system prompt .. is this correct roughly and if so how do I change this base prompt for Mistral LLM ?

hgchattitles.PNG

@DYB5784 HF Chat has a Mistral 7B model setup with system prompt for the task of summarizing the first chat prompt/msg into a title for the chat history log, so unless one explicitly addresses that in the first msg it is what it is ig. and we can always rename it. Still, i think it would have been awesome if we could customize the naming style/prompt it ourselves.

Is openchat/openchat-3.5-0106 coming back? Was it removed to be upgraded?

Is openchat/openchat-3.5-0106 coming back? Was it removed to be upgraded?

It looks like they also removed the Meta models :(

Hope they add command r instead of bringing those back tbh.

What is command r? I'm a newb.

What is command r? I'm a newb.

Command-r+ is a new LLM from Cohere that overtook GPT-4 on the openllm leaderboard.

Hugging Chat org

hey!

On HuggingChat we aim to always propose a small selection of models which will evolve over time as the field of ML progresses forward ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Stay tuned!

On Hugging Chat we aim to always propose a small selection of models which will evolve over time as the field of ML progresses forward ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Stay tuned!

Yup, small models are better and lighter (Cost friendly) + now Hugging chat ai has internet access so small models like (Mixtrail, Nous hermes, etc.) can even performs very better in many areas then many 70b models, and
We are happy to see what's coming next ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ.

The Meta ones felt misaligned and gave a lot of refusals. The 70b code one would lecture and moralize even with nothing bad in the prompt.

I hope LLaMA 3 isn't as misaligned mess.

The Meta ones felt misaligned and gave a lot of refusals. The 70b code one would lecture and moralize even with nothing bad in the prompt.

This is because they do not do fine tuning, Manytime fully Finetuned model of Llama 7b is better than no fine tuned llama 70b

Hugging Chat org
โ€ข
edited 11 days ago

Cohere Command R+ is now on HuggingChat!

image.png

@Victor Thank you for the new model! but if possible, i think a slight warning/notification should be very helpful to us about which model will be taken down!
Goodbye, OpenChat! it was really good for 7B!

@Victor Thank you for the new model! but if possible, i think a slight warning/notification should be very helpful to us about which model will be taken down!

Agree with 1st point

Agree

Disagree...

Cohere Command R+ is now on HuggingChat!

image.png

... Hey Victor, if you're gonna surprise us with new models like this, then you can remove anything you want without notify anyone, not even Clement, xd.

But jokes aside, this is just great, if your adding/removal policy keeps like this, in 3 months we will have hugging-face assistants for everything, long context, coding, reasoning/creativity, etcetera.

Thanks a lot!!!

P.D.: I was expecting just Command R, but having plus with all the HF interface means that I will be able to make a lot of assistants that on the past only worked decently as GPTs with GPT4.

Agree

Disagree...

why bro

you can remove anything you want without notify anyone

@Ironmole you're literally ok with leaving all the active chats abandoned, aren't you? what can we say here? but lots of users will be kinda saddened if active/hanging chats are suddenly no longer continuable. (i know they usually take down the models with the least traffic, so, that's how it is ig)
and it seems all the other assistants have been migrated to mistralai/Mixtral-8x7B-Instruct-v0.1.

Hugging Chat org

Yes we migrated all assistants with deprecated models to the default model, which at the time was Mixtral 8x7B!

command r + is really good

Iโ€™m worried about that itโ€™s not gonna be free forever, like donโ€™t get me wrong I have FULL faith in the hugging chat team, itโ€™s just this in my eyes itโ€™s a perfect replacement to ChatGPT. So I just need some reassurance itโ€™ll stay free

Iโ€™m worried about that itโ€™s not gonna be free forever, like donโ€™t get me wrong I have FULL faith in the hugging chat team, itโ€™s just this in my eyes itโ€™s a perfect replacement to ChatGPT. So I just need some reassurance itโ€™ll stay free

I think that It'll stay free.
But if they have budget issue then.
They can integrate ads to make it free forever.
and also introduce premium features (Like some premium model only use by premium or Badge to pro, etc.)

Please leave that Command R plus unquantized on huggingchat, I'd even pay 30$ a month for it. In my opinion its perfect for translating. I would use it locally but I don't have a server that could run the full model and using quants will make the model worse.

I would like to pay 9$ per month for longer context + relaxed rate limit + unquantized usage of huggingface Chat

Hope you guys keep HuggingChat free forever ๐Ÿ™

As hugging face gives access to Host unlimited models, datasets, and Spaces for free.
Hope so Hugging Chat will remain free.

A famous Hindi Quote - "Umeed Pe duniya kayam Hai"

Translation - "The world is alive in hope."

Well, see what happens in future.

Upon closer inspection it seems like Nous-Hermes-2-Mixtral-8x7B-DPO is still a bit better than command r plus at translating from Chinese to english. It understands the meaning a bit more and especially writes it far better to read. I wonder how good the new 8x22 instruct model of mistral is gonna be. Anyway all the models are really good and have amazing uses! I hope we can access those that get released in the future too. Thank you very much for hosting them.

Hugging Chat org

Umeed Pe duniya kayam Hai

๐Ÿ’ฏ

@nsarrazin will assistant creators get a choice in which model to migrate to? i think this should be an option as recreation in another model is like starting anew.

a past comment:

1. What will happen to the Assistant if a model is taken down? Migrate to new llm with context token +prompt as we/bot authors can change sys prompt of the assistants anytime? unlikely ig. or we could have a migration system for our old chats.
  2. shall there be a "View Sys Prompt" just like in regular chats beside/below the bot button? As the assistant button at the top shows the latest prompt only while the chat might have started with another prompt. (doesn't change the already active chat really)(once it recognized the changed sys prompt upon me mentioning only a part of it)

zephyr mixtral 8x 22b from hugging face comming soon ?
zephyr-orpo-141b-A35b-v0.1

What happened to the openchat model why was it removed

@SvCy 1. You can change to any llm even after making bot, or his llm was removed.

Because very few people are using it.

Hugging Chat org

We just released HuggingFaceH4/zephyr-orpo-141b-A35b-v0.1 on HuggingChat!

image.png

Try it out here: https://huggingface.co/chat/models/HuggingFace4/zephyr-orpo-141b-A35b-v0.1

Hugging Chat org

Shout out to @nicksuh who called it early ๐Ÿ˜…

@Gerrytheskull models come and go.. nothing is permanent sadly.. besides OpenChat wasn't being used by that many of users i think. plus, new models were added.. command r+ and now zephyr

@SvCy 1. You can change to any llm even after making bot, or his llm was removed.