[NEW] Conversation trees

by nsarrazin HF staff - opened
Hugging Chat org

Hi! We just released support for conversation branching/editing your prompts in HuggingChat.

image.png

The feature should be available on all your conversations from now on. Let us know what you think and how you think it could be improved! ๐Ÿš€

(Check out the PR here if you want to see the implementation)

nsarrazin pinned discussion

Superb!!!
Thank you very much for your hard work!!!

@nsarrazin big fan ๐Ÿ™Œ

amazing! but a way to clear unneeded trees would be great. or maybe a way to make trees manual? like a button to trigger it instead of being automatic?

Issue: Chat reverts back to first branch of prompt & responses upon refresh. Meaning doesn't remember the last active route!

& delete feature is the next utmost necessity as a lots of responses are bound to be redundant, thus bloating the chat. :Imagine 3rd & 7th branch (edit/response) being needed out of 10, thus the rest being redundant.
Ref: discussion #358

The issue with conversations reverting back to first branch on refresh...

another minor issue is the edit box size. when the prompt is even slightly bigger, we've to manually adjust it each time.
the best option should be to just let the box be around the original prompt area rather than it resizing the entire chat temporarily.
But it can really wait I think! Take care guys!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Issues with chat share and conv tree compatibility ig
*For current chats (after conv_tree release)
Shared chats don't have any button beneath the responses, so can't retry/regen. but after continuing/editing it becomes normal.

*For old chats' links (prior to conv_tree release)
(old saved links/new shares directly from the old chat)
Can't continue, sending msg scraps the chat. (shared instance only)
Regenerate (no button beneath responses)
and let alone editing: scraps+ ERROR: The sibling message is the root message, therefore we can't add a sibling

Old chats from the chat log panel can be fixed by any interaction. retry/continue/edit = new. so the new link can be shared and used again.

Hugging Chat org

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Taking a look @SvCy

@nsarrazin Error- It was solved after retrying 3-4 times, can you solve it parmanently.

image.png

Hugging Chat org

@KingNish Can you let me know on which model this occurred ?

@nsarrazin One more error
I changed profile pic of my Bot but it is ot changing.

Changed image
image.png

But on main page it does not change
image.png

Bot link - https://hf.co/chat/assistant/6612cb237c1e770b75c5ebad

@KingNish Can you let me know on which model this occurred ?

@nsarrazin
image.png

The current file tree design is a disaster when reopening after closing the webpageโ€”if you've created too many forks, you have to switch back to the last selected final version step by step. Maybe there's no need to keep the history before rewriting, or to save the branch selected at the last viewing?

@Mindires it indeed gets quite messy.. there is no official statement regarding this thus far. i've tried my part but have yet to hear anything back. :(