bug: another user authorization

by MikhailChgu - opened

when I went to the "huggingchat", instead of my list of chats, I found other people’s chats and the account was logged in for another user. Then I went to the main page "huggingface.co" of the site, where I was logged in to my account. In the chat tab, I logged out and logged in again using my account. Has anyone else had this situation and what does it mean? (No one except me used the computer; the antivirus did not detect any viruses on the computer)

No it's fine on my end.

I just had this exact thing happen, except it was my first time creating a huggingface account to try huggingchat, I was even interacting with it at the same time as the other user lol, 2 different conversations were trying to generate responses at the same time.

If this is really happening as described, then isn't that a pretty big privacy issue? I mean, the model creators being able to access your chats (if you don't disable the data collection) is one thing. I assume the site admins can also theoretically access your chats on the backend, but do not do so out of respect for user privacy. Random other users being able to read your chats, though? That's another matter entirely... I have a ton of appreciation for everyone involved in keeping such a great service up and running for free, and I think we should acknowledge that the site staff don't really have any actual "obligations" towards non-paying users as such, which is why I find it difficult to complain about something like the recent network connectivity issues. Still though, this seems like a pretty big problem from a security and usability standpoint. Any plans to look at it or fix it? Thanks

Hugging Chat org

Hi! Thanks for bringing this up to our attention, I'll be looking into it.

i am unable to log into the chat-ui space using the "log in with HuggingFace" button so I am only able to access the chat ui as a guest. Any idea what I am doing wrong? When I push the button, nothing happens. Same thing with using the "login" menu on the left nav bar..

@headlessD try the classic browser cache clearing ig! Also, is it directly hf.co/chat or space from Chat-UI repo? I think i had login issue there too, last time.

@SvCy Thank you! Newbie mistake on my end, I was not using the hf.co/chat URL and was working within the space repo. Works now from hf.co/chat

nsarrazin changed discussion status to closed