Edit User prompts or Delete User prompts

by CunningBard - opened

Once in a while I accidentally write a typo, And the AI mistook it for something else. This is basically a feature request for an Edit button that edits the user's prompt and makes the AI regenerate, and a Delete Prompt which will revert to the specified previous prompt? Like if I delete prompt no. 3, it will revert the state to when it was on prompt no. 2. I have probably mistaken what delete does unless there is an actual way to make the AI forget upto some point

Right now all we can do is hit Retry on the prompt before the prompt you actually want to delete -- that will effectively delete all subsequent prompts from its history... but of course you'll lose that one answer that you probably liked.

So, yeah, I'd also like the ability to just delete a prompt. It would be useful in cases like the one you mentioned (you mistyped it), but also in cases where the prompt as written just isn't giving a reasonable response no matter how many times you hit Retry -- I don't want to pollute the conversation history with crap responses because it's included in the next prompt automatically.

Over at https://open-assistant.io/chat they have the edit feature for a previous prompt. And you're right, it's really nice to have.