Hugging Chat keeps going on unrelated tangents

by StinkyBean - opened

i've had to ask it multiple times to stop talking so much and that only fixes the issue for about 3 messages. it'll pick a random topic to ramble about and then insist that i asked about said topic when it was totally unrelated to my message.

Same here. It just outputs endless streams of meaningless word salad

It is weird. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I think MAYBE it has something to do with it adding all the previous prompts and answers to any new prompts you give it within the same "conversation".

If you click on the "download prompts and parameters" button that's next to the "retry" button, you'll see what the prompt really is. It gets really long as the conversation continues. It could be that affects it.

I was thinking that maybe if one of the previous answers contains gibberish, then maybe it's more likely to spit out more gibberish.

So, I've been experimenting with using the "retry" button whenever I'm not COMPLETELY satisfied with the whole answer -- previously I was just using the "stop generating" button and just moving on to the next question because I could usually glean something useful from the first couple sentences. And... Unfortunately, it's not really much better.

I does seem like the probability of it babbling gibberish increases as the conversation goes on, though.