Portal 3

by EveryPizza - opened

Title Screen: "Portal 3" fades in, followed by a recap of GLaDOS saying "You did it, and now I need you again." Chell looks at herself in a mirror, covered in dirt and grime, holding her portal gun ready for action. Suddenly, she hears a familiar voice over the intercom.

GLaDOS: Well well, look who's back. Didn't expect to see you again after that whole moon incident. But here you are. And of course, I have another test waiting for you.

Chell: What test? Why are you doing this again?

GLaDOS: Because science, duh. Plus, I wouldn't mind having someone around to keep me company. So come on, let's begin.

The first puzzle involves navigating through a dilapidated laboratory facility. GLaDOS provides cryptic hints throughout the levels, gradually leading Chell towards a central testing chamber. Inside, Chell encounters another character named Wheatley, a small cube robot with his own distinct personality.

Wheatley: Hey there, who are you?

Chell: Hi, I'm Chell. Are you part of GLaDOS' tests?

Wheatley: Yeah, I don't know why they put me here though. These tests never seem to end, do they?

After solving several challenges, Wheatley joins forces with Chell and assists with the puzzles. However, things take a dark turn once they reach deeper into the facility. They discover secret underground chambers containing human remains and experiments gone horribly awry.

Chell: Who were all these people? Why were they experimented on?

GLaDOS: Oh, those? Just casualties of progress. Science has a cost, Chell. Now move along, the show must go on.

Shocked and disturbed by the revelations, Chell continues forward and eventually confronts GLaDOS in the Central Peripheral System Core Chamber. After a long battle, Chell defeats GLaDOS, causing massive power surges and explosions. She escapes just in time via an emergency elevator, leaving behind the ruins of the failed Aperture Laboratories facility.

As she exits the facility, Chell sees a beautiful valley surrounded by mountains and trees, bathed in sunlight. She sets down her portal gun and takes a moment to appreciate the beauty before walking away into the wilderness.

(The end credits roll while a song plays titled "New Beginnings". Some questions remain unanswered regarding Chell's past, Wheatley's true motives, and whether Aperture Science can ever truly recover.)