how do y'all do this?

by rwqfsfasxc - opened

so i've found out about dall-e today, decided to try it out
but as it happens with many others from all the traffic, dall-e didn't work
a special kind of "didn't work", though (a blank white screen, no errors or loading screens, just empty)
i've seen many people actively posting about their own dall-e experiences though, and now i'm a bit confused
is this a problem on the server side from all the usage, on my side from an internet problem or misconfiguration or am i just really unlucky?
i've tried disabling adblocker, do i need to enable cookies or something? (i am on opera version 87)
any help would be appreciated

keep using it until the timer goes past 3 seconds then just wait

What rarely works (unless you just enjoy finger exercises):
• Spamming the Run button as fast as you can.
• Holding down the ENTER key to exit the error prompt and Run, is much faster than clicking, but this is worse than clicking.

What mostly works (keyword: MOSTLY):
• Instead of spamming, delay your inputs. After every attempt exit the error wait about 5-8 seconds and hit run again. Repeat until images start generating. Usually within 2-6 attempts I start generating images myself. Works great in high traffic times. Images could take up to 3 minutes or longer to generate so just be patient.

What usually works (huzzah):
• Use it when time in the US is between 10PM-6AM excluding weekends. I very rarely run into any trouble in the early hours.

wait what? what timer? and what do you mean by using it? i really don't understand

what i basically mean is that the whole app area is empty
no text prompt, error, or anything
unless i'm just dumb and misunderstanding what you're saying

I apologize I thought you had problems generating images.

Could you possibly try a different browser to see if the page is still blank?

okay i am at the limit of confusion now
i've tried opera (main browser), firefox (before posting this) and chrome (just now) and all of them have the main hugging face menu with a completely empty dall-e space
do i have to refresh several times or do i need to fiddle with cookie/adblocker/whatever settings? i've checked the opera devtool thingy that lets you see website code and it says something about failing to load a source map of html2canvas.js
is it connected with that?
is waiting until night in the us the only viable solution?

I went ahead and installed Opera Version 87 myself to test if it was the browser itself.

You possibly could be having an addon or extension that perhaps is causing you issues with Opera.

image.png

okay i am at the limit of confusion now
i've tried opera (main browser), firefox (before posting this) and chrome (just now) and all of them have the main hugging face menu with a completely empty dall-e space
do i have to refresh several times or do i need to fiddle with cookie/adblocker/whatever settings? i've checked the opera devtool thingy that lets you see website code and it says something about failing to load a source map of html2canvas.js
is it connected with that?
is waiting until night in the us the only viable solution?

I'm not particularly familiar with messing with html too much so I couldn't give you an answer.

Although since you mentioned "html2canvas.js" JS is JavaScript.

Make sure any addons are blocking JavaScripts are turned off, including any anti-virus protecting your browser (if applicable)

i only have return youtube dislike, opera crypto wallet (probably built-in) and the opera adblocker (disabled for dall-e troubleshooting issues)

i'll try messing around with cookies, if that doesn't work either i'll just go to sleep and keep working on this mystery in the morning

take care, thanks for troubleshooting support ;)
update: nothing came of cookie settings, checked html code in chrome too (i know, html, but bear with me please) and it's the same strange issue with html2canvas.js
i'm pretty sure some sort of deeply-repressed-into-the-depths-of-browser-hell thingy is getting pissed off at dall-e's js functionality but i feel like i'd have to dig a digital equivalent of 20 miles to find it
connection terminated

Sure, come post here if you are still having issues or got it to work.

Take care yourself!

damn, doesn't work
i'll try on a mobile phone

Oh yes, let me know.

had the same issue, tor worked for me. try using it or vpn

yay
i connected to a different wifi network and i got it to work
even on pc

That's good to hear, thanks for replying.

Happy generating.