Can an admin PLEASE lock the dalle community tab?

by WinterXYZ - opened

The community tab here used to be good before dall-e exploded in popularity, and the discussions were far more focused and relevant to the topic of dalle and other interesting discussions about AI. For a while it was at around 10 discussions, all of which had really good input.

But since then, the community tab here has blown up and it's full of utterly terrible posts. Most of it spam of people posting funny memes they generated, really unhelpful discussions about high traffic (posts also complaining about those post), and people who don't understand how dalle works and begging for things like apps or .exe versions. Plus a bizarre amount of explicit posts (swearing/arguments, people asking how "dalle can generate nude reference photos" wink wink).

I really don't know if there's a way to do it, but the community tab really needs to be locked so new posts cant be posted. And then only allow productive and important discussions. I think there's a lot of really good potential for intelligent discussion back how things were when dall-e wasn't as widely known.

I know this post is likely going to be buried under 50 new posts about dalle generating images of Homer Simpson or whatever, but if an admin sees, please can there be some input on whether there's any chance that the community tab could get a clean up? Surely there must be a feature on the moderation side that can do something, even if it means that junk/spam/low effort posts get deleted.

Or at least begin enforcing a set of rules to keep the spam and low effort posts away

Or at least begin enforcing a set of rules to keep the spam and low effort posts away
The issue is still about whether there could be a moderation team available, because they would have to constantly keep removing posts.

At least if discussions are locked, new posts would need to be allowed by a moderator. Then you could automatically filter low effort posts (those "look what dalle made for me" ones) or filter posts made by people with no actual post history.

Another idea is to reply suggestions / other improvements / questions with a tag like putting [SUGGESTION] in the front of the question, so that devs can actually filter out the important stuffs.

E7E06C70-77A4-466E-B169-92AB8DFE46A2.png
If the community was locked I would have never stumbled upon this gem. Long live the community!

Yeah! Like honestly im a huge meme fanatic but too many unfunny idiots enter a stupid prompt and go “haha funny” then just spam the “memes” they “created”. I have been trying to use it but it keeps saying “too much traffic please try again” and it sucks honestly. Lot of people are getting annoyed

How about we do a separate board entirely for memes so the discussion board can stick to AI discussion?

The memers are having fun sharing but I think they just need a better place to do it.

And--of course, police for explicit/innapropriate content.

max 1 open discussion per user

If the community was locked I would have never stumbled upon this gem. Long live the community!

Aw you’re gonna make me blush lol