Fucking Servers

by Soldier - opened

Fucking servers are down fuck

While Dall-E mini is running on insanely high performance server hardware, the recent popularity has locked up the hardware making it incredibly difficult to get requests in. For reference, people who do AI development have been running this model on their workstations, machines with multiple GPUs and very high-end CPUs and still take minutes to generate images. For reference, a home computer with a mid-range processor and no GPU would more than likely take hours if not days to generate a single image. TONS of people are putting in queries every second and so i'ts difficult to get a request in as such. Most of these people are children, so your best bet to get images is requesting at night, during the weekday, or during typical US school hours (7-3 EST or PST).

While Dall-E mini is running on insanely high performance server hardware, the recent popularity has locked up the hardware making it incredibly difficult to get requests in. For reference, people who do AI development have been running this model on their workstations, machines with multiple GPUs and very high-end CPUs and still take minutes to generate images. For reference, a home computer with a mid-range processor and no GPU would more than likely take hours if not days to generate a single image. TONS of people are putting in queries every second and so i'ts difficult to get a request in as such. Most of these people are children, so your best bet to get images is requesting at night, during the weekday, or during typical US school hours (7-3 EST or PST).

waw, didn't think it was that hard

I did indeed read the first message in soldiers voice.

deleted
This comment has been hidden

Thanks for the insight.
Is there any advantage to trying constantly or is it worth leaving 5 minutes between tries?
Or some other strategy?

Markiplier made a video about Dalle mini and the resulting chaos overloaded the servers

during typical US school hours (7-3 EST or PST).

You are aware that there are no US school hours right now, right?

Yes I am, that is why it is so busy. Also some schools go into the summer and so it still is the best time second to after the youngsters go to bed.