Help! D&D and Pendleton Ward

by Quixote - opened

I am working on a campaign setting for a fantasy tabletop roleplaying gaming based off the works of Pendleton Ward ("Adventure Time!", "Over the Garden Wall", etc), but I'm struggling to get results I can use as a thumbnail or cover art.

I'm looking for something along the lines of a sprawling, labyrinthine underground city that's one part monster-and-treasure filled dungeon and one part tourist trap, sort of like Las Vegas or the Wisconsin Dells.
I'm hoping for something with a tone that's more whimsical than frightening.
Any suggestions?

You want a map?

More like an image to use as the cover page?

Midjourney seems like the best bet here, if you join their discord you get a few free generations. In terms of Craiyon, I'd suggest a prompt like
"anime fantasy cityscape, illustrated by Pendleton Ward, underground city dungeon, adventure time, over the garden wall, ultra hd high resolution, stunning wallpaper, vector background"

craiyon_070321_anime_fantasy_cityscape__illustrated_by_Pendleton_Ward__underground_city_dungeon__adv.png

Took out 'anime', and threw in Peppatown (from Peppa Pig) to give it a bit more whimsy

craiyon_070819_fantasy_cityscape__illustrated_by_Pendleton_Ward__underground_city_dungeon__adventure.png

Don't worry too much about the details here, but find a composition you like and download it. Head over to playground AI and use it as an image prompt. I chose this one

fantasy cityscape, illustrated by Pendleton Ward, underground city dungeon, adventure time, peppatown, over the garden wall, ultra hd high resolution, stunning wallpaper, vector background(1).png

Stable Diffusion output
image.png

Whoa, these are amazing! Thank you! I can see that AI image-fu is definitely a thing, and one I need to work on.

Unfortunately I'm not very good at it, but it's a lot of fun to mess around with.