Official implementation of 'SPHINX: A Mixer of Tasks, Domains, and Embeddings Advances Multi-modal Large Language Models'.
Try out our web demo 🚀 here!
We present SPHINX, a versatile multi-modal large language model (MLLM) with a mixer of training tasks, data domains, and visual embeddings.
Task Mix. For all-purpose capabilities, we mix a variety of vision-language tasks for mutual improvement: VQA, REC, REG, OCR, DET, POSE, REL DET, T2I, etc.
Embedding Mix. We capture robust visual representations by fusing distinct visual architectures, pre-training, and granularity.
Domain Mix. For data from real-world and synthetic domains, we mix the weights of two domain-specific models for complementarity.
On top of SPHINX, we propose to further mix visual scales and sub-images for better capture fine-grained semantics on high-resolution images.
SPHINX is built upon LLaMA2-Accessory, please follow the instructions here for environment setup.
This section provides a step-by-step guide for hosting a local SPHINX demo. If you're already familiar with the LLAMA2-Accessory toolkit, note that hosting a SPHINX demo follows the same pipeline as hosting demos for the other models supported by LLAMA2-Accessory.
We provide the beta-version checkpoints on HuggingFace🤗. Please download them to your own machine. The file structure should appear as follows:
Please follow the instructions here to see the instruction and complete the use of the model.
We provide a comprehensive evaluation of SPHINX and showcase results across multiple benchmarks.
Our evaluation encompasses both quantitative metrics and qualitative assessments, providing a holistic understanding of our VLM model's performance.
Evaluation Prompt Design
- In evaluation, we prioritize aligning with each benchmark's desired output format.
- We employ distinct prompts tailored to benchmarks that necessitate long answers, short answers, and multiple-choice responses.
- For tasks involving visual grounding, we directly utilize the prompts during training to enhance the model's performance on these particular challenges.
Benchmarks on Multimodal Large Language Models
Visual Question Answering
- We evaluate general VQA benchmarks, such as VQAV2, OKVQA, GQA, vizwiz, scienceQA, visual spatial reasoning (VSR), IconQA.
- Additionally, we conduct experiments on Text-oriented VQA such as TextVQA,OCR-VQA.
- Long-Sphinx achieve comparative results across all benchmarks. We observe that Long-Sphinx outperforms Sphinx in VQA datasets that demand fine-grained visual information, showcasing the effectiveness of our visual mixed-up approach for achieving high resolution without relying on a visual encoder trained specifically on high-resolution images.
- The SPHINX model and baseline models on REC benchmarks results on table4.
- SPHINX exhibits robust performance in visual grounding tasks such as RefCOCO, RefCOCO+, and RefCOCOg, surpassing other vision-language generalist models.
- Notably, SPHINX outperforms specialist models G-DINO-L by more than 1.54% in accuracy across all tasks within RefCOCO/RefCOCO+/RefCOCOg.
❓ Encountering issues or have further questions? Find answers to common inquiries here. We're here to assist you!
Llama 2 is licensed under the LLAMA 2 Community License, Copyright (c) Meta Platforms, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Downloads last month