en
stringlengths
1
523
google_zh
stringlengths
1
251
zh
stringlengths
1
477
The absolute majority of the world's population are below 20, and they are growing larger and faster.
世界上绝大多数人口年龄在 20 岁以下,而且他们的人口数量正在增长且速度更快。
世界上的绝大多数人 都在20岁以下,而且他们正在变得 更多,成长得更快。
They need different ways of being approached, different ways of being enfranchised, different ways of being skilled.
他们需要不同的接触方式、不同的授权方式、不同的技能方式。
他们需要不同的方式 不同的对待的方式。 不同的享有权利的方式。 不同的被训练的方式。
And that's the first thing.
这是第一件事。
这是首要的。
Second is, you're problem solvers, but you're not engaging your global responsibility.
其次,你是问题解决者,但你没有承担全球责任。
第二,你们是问题的解决者, 但是你们没有尽到你们的全球性责任。
You've stayed away from the problems of corruption.
你已经远离了腐败问题。
你们已经远离了 腐败问题。
You only want clean environments in which to function.
您只需要干净的工作环境。
你们只想看到干净的环境。
But if you don't think through the problems of corruption, who will?
但如果你不思考腐败问题,谁会思考呢?
但是你们没有彻底看透腐败的问题, 谁还能呢?
You stay away from design for development.
您远离设计以进行开发。
你们避免为发展做规划。
You're great designers, but your designs are selfish.
你们是伟大的设计师,但你们的设计是自私的。
你们是伟大的设计师, 但是你们的设计是自私的。
It's for your own immediate use.
这是供您自己立即使用的。
只是为了你们自己即时的用处。
The world in which I operate operates with designs regarding roads, or dams, or provision of electricity that have not been revisited in 60 years.
我所在的世界的道路、水坝或电力供应的设计已经有 60 年没有被重新审视过。
在我的世界,我与 那些道路、 堤坝、或者电力供应 的设计打交道, 这些设计已经有60年没有被重温了。
This is not right. It requires thinking.
这个不对。这需要思考。
这是不正确。需要我们来思考一下。
But, particularly, what we need more than anything else from this group is your imagination to be brought to bear on problems the way a meme is supposed to work.
但是,特别是,我们最需要的就是这个群体中的你的想象力,以模因应该发挥作用的方式来解决问题。
更重要的是, 我们最需要的 是你们的想象力, 用想象力来解决问题 这是米姆本应产生作用的方式。
As the work on paradigms, long time ago showed -- Thomas Kuhn's work -- it's in the intersection of ideas that new developments -- true breakthroughs -- occur.
正如很久以前关于范式的工作(托马斯·库恩的工作)所表明的那样,正是在思想的交汇中,新的发展——真正的突破——才会发生。
而就范式的作用来说,在很久以前, 托马斯-坤的工作, 他的工作是 概念的内部分工中, 新的发展出现。
And I hope that this group would be able to deal with the issue of state and development and the empowerment of the majority of the world's poor, through this means.
我希望这个小组能够通过这种方式处理国家和发展以及赋予世界上大多数穷人权力的问题。
我希望这个组织,通过这些方式 可以有能力处理关于政府和国家的问题 以及给予这个世界占大多数的穷人 以权力。
Thank you.
谢谢。
谢谢。
Chris Anderson: So, Ashraf, until recently, you were the finance minister of Afghanistan, a country right at the middle of much of the world's agenda.
克里斯·安德森:阿什拉夫,直到最近,您一直担任阿富汗财政部长,这个国家处于世界大部分议程的中心。
(鼓掌) 克里斯 安德森:“那么,Ashraf先生,直到最近, 你一直是阿富汗的财政部长, 这是一个处在世界事务 中心的国家。
Is the country gonna make it?
国家能做到吗?
这个国家真的能够完成(你所说的那些)吗?
Will democracy flourish? What scares you most?
民主会蓬勃发展吗?你最害怕什么?
民主可否繁荣?什么使你最为生畏?
Ashraf Ghani: What scares me most is -- is you, lack of your engagement.
阿什拉夫·加尼:最让我害怕的是——你缺乏参与度。
Ashraf Ghani:“最令我害怕的,是你们, 是缺乏你们的积极参与。”
You asked me. You know I always give the unconventional answer.
你问过我。你知道我总是给出非常规的答案。
你问了我。你知道我总是给出一些非传统的答案。
No. But seriously, the issue of Afghanistan first has to be seen as, at least, a 10- to 20-year perspective.
不。但说实话,阿富汗问题首先必须至少从 10 到 20 年的角度来看待。
不。但是说真的, 阿富汗的问题 必须首先被视作 一个至少10到20年的视角。
Today the world of globalization is on speed.
今天,全球化世界正在加速发展。
今天,全球化 在加速。
Time has been compressed.
时间被压缩了。
时间已经被压缩了。
And space does not exist for most people.
对于大多数人来说,空间并不存在。
空间对于大多数人来说也已不再存在。
But in my world -- you know, when I went back to Afghanistan after 23 years, space had expanded.
但在我的世界里——你知道,当我 23 年后回到阿富汗时,空间已经扩大了。
但是在我的世界里, 你要知道,当我23年之后回到阿富汗的时候, 空间已经扩大了。
Every conceivable form of infrastructure had broken down.
所有可以想象的基础设施形式都崩溃了。
所有可感知的社会基础设施被毁坏了。
I rode -- traveled -- travel between two cities that used to take three hours now took 12.
我骑车——旅行——在两个城市之间旅行,过去需要三个小时,现在需要十二个小时。
我旅行着, 原本需要花3个小时往返的城市 现在需要12个小时。
So the first is when the scale is that, we need to recognize that just the simple things that are infrastructure -- it takes six years to deliver infrastructure.
首先,当规模达到这样的规模时,我们需要认识到,基础设施这些简单的东西——需要六年的时间才能交付基础设施。
所以,首先,当度量标准变了, 我们必须要认识到 基础设施就是这么简单的一些东西, 而要传递基础设施需要6年的时间。
In our world.
在我们的世界里。
在我们的世界,
Any meaningful sort of thing.
任何有意义的事情。
所有像这样有意义的东西。
But the modality of attention, or what is happening today, what's happening tomorrow.
但是注意力的方式,或者今天发生的事情,明天发生的事情。
但是注意力的情态 或者说今天发生了什么,明天将发生什么。
Second is, when a country has been subjected to one of the most immense, brutal forms of exercise of power -- we had the Red Army for 10 continuous years, 110,000 strong, literally terrorizing.
其次,当一个国家遭受最大规模、最残酷的权力行使之一时——我们连续十年有红军,有11万人,简直令人恐惧。
第二, 当一个国家 已经从属于最广泛、残忍的权力施行形式之一的时候, 我们连续10年, 拥有红军, 110,000个强壮的人 真的很吓人
The sky: every Afghan sees the sky as a source of fear.
天空:每个阿富汗人都将天空视为恐惧的根源。
天空: 每一个阿富汗人 将天空视为恐惧的来源。
We were bombed practically out of existence.
我们几乎被炸得不复存在。
我们几乎已经快被轰炸 给灭绝了。
Then, tens of thousands of people were trained in terrorism -- from all sides.
随后,来自各方的数万人接受了恐怖主义培训。
然后,成千上万的人被训练程恐怖分子, 什么方面的都有。
The United States, Great Britain, joined for instance, Egyptian intelligence service to train thousands of people in resistance and urban terrorism.
例如,美国、英国加入埃及情报部门,对数千人进行抵抗和城市恐怖主义培训。
美国,英国加入了 诸如埃及情报服务的组织 来训练成千上万的人 来抵御和城市恐怖主义。
How to turn a bicycle into an instrument of terror.
如何将自行车变成恐怖工具。
如何把一辆自行车 变成一种恐怖行动的工具。
How to turn a donkey, a carthorse, anything.
如何转动驴子、车马等等。
如何将一头驴子,一辆马车,任何东西,。
And the Russians, equally.
俄罗斯人也同样如此。
俄罗斯人也是一样。
So, when violence erupts in a country like Afghanistan, it's because of that legacy.
因此,当阿富汗这样的国家爆发暴力事件时,就是因为这一遗产。
所以,当暴力在一个国家, 比如阿富汗, 是因为有那样一种传统。
But we have to understand that we've been incredibly lucky.
但我们必须明白,我们非常幸运。
但是我们必须明白 我们已经非常幸运了。
I mean, I really can't believe how lucky I am here, standing in front of you, speaking.
我的意思是,我真的不敢相信我有多么幸运,站在你们面前说话。
我的意思是,我真的无法相信我有多么幸运能来到这里, 站在你们面前讲话。
When I joined as finance minister, I thought that the chances of my living more than three years would not be more than five percent.
当我担任财政部长时,我认为自己活过三年以上的机会不会超过百分之五。
当我成为财政部长的时候, 我以为我能活过3年的概率 不超过5%。
Those were the risks. They were worth it.
这些就是风险。他们是值得的。
危险是存在的,但是也是值得的。
I think we can make it, and the reason we can make it is because of the people.
我认为我们能做到,而我们之所以能做到,是因为人。
我认为我可以做到, 而且我如此认为的原因, 就在于人民。
You see, because, I mean -- I give you one statistic.
你看,因为,我的意思是——我给你一个统计数据。
你知道,因为,我给你们一个数据好了。
91 percent of the men in Afghanistan, 86 percent of the women, listen to at least three radio stations a day.
阿富汗 91% 的男性和 86% 的女性每天至少收听三个广播电台。
在阿富汗91%的男人, 86%的女人, 每天都会听至少3个收音频道来
In terms of their discourse, in terms of their sophistication of knowledge of the world, I think that I would dare say, they're much more sophisticated than rural Americans with college degrees and the bulk of Europeans -- because the world matters to them.
就他们的话语而言,就他们对世界知识的复杂程度而言,我想我敢说,他们比拥有大学学位的美国农村人和大多数欧洲人要复杂得多——因为世界对他们来说很重要。
讲述这个世界的 复杂性。 我敢说, 他们 比美国的拥有大学文凭的人, 和大把的欧洲人都要深刻。 因为这些跟他们息息相关。
And what is their predominant concern?
他们最关心的是什么?
而他们的最主要的担忧是什么呢?
Abandonment.
放弃。
遗弃。
Afghans have become deeply internationalist.
阿富汗人已经变得非常国际主义。
阿富汗人已经深深地成为了国际主义者了。
You know, when I went back in December of 2001, I had absolutely no desire to work with the Afghan government because I'd lived as a nationalist.
你知道,当我2001年12月回国时,我完全不想与阿富汗政府合作,因为我一直是一个民族主义者。
你知道,当我在2001年12月份回国的时候, 我一点都不想与阿富汗政府合作。 因为我是一个国家主义者。
And I told them -- my people, with the Americans here -- separate.
我告诉他们——我的人民,还有这里的美国人——分开。
我告诉他们 - 我的人民,和美国人在这 - 是分开的
Yes, I have an advisory position with the U.N.
是的,我在联合国担任顾问职务
是的,我在联合国有着顾问的职位。
I went through 10 Afghan provinces very rapidly.
我很快就走过了阿富汗的10个省份。
我快速地穿越了10个阿富汗的省份。
And everybody was telling me it was a different world.
每个人都告诉我这是一个不同的世界。
每个人都告诉我,这是一个不同的世界。
You know, they engage.
你知道,他们参与。
你知道,他们参与进来了。
They see engagement, global engagement, as absolutely necessary to the future of the ordinary people.
他们认为参与、全球参与对于普通民众的未来绝对必要。
他们看见了国际的介入, 这对于这些普通人的未来是至关重要的。
And the thing that the ordinary Afghan is most concerned with is -- Clare Lockhart is here, so I'll recite a discussion she had with an illiterate woman in Northern Afghanistan.
普通阿富汗人最关心的事情是——克莱尔·洛克哈特在这里,所以我将背诵她与阿富汗北部一位文盲妇女的讨论。
而普通的阿富汗人最为关心的是 克莱尔 洛克哈特在这里, 所以我讲讲述一段她 与一个阿富汗北部的未接受过教育的妇女的讨论。
And that woman said she didn't care whether she had food on her table.
那个女人说她不在乎桌上有没有食物。
那个妇女说她不关心 她的饭桌上是否有食物。
What she worried about was whether there was a plan for the future, where her children could really have a different life.
她担心的是未来是否有规划,让孩子们能够真正过上不一样的生活。
她关心的是未来是否有计划, 她的孩子们能否有个不一样的人生。
That gives me hope.
这给了我希望。
这给予了我希望。
CA: How is Afghanistan who are making their living off the drugs trade?
CA:以毒品贸易为生的阿富汗人过得怎么样?
CA:阿富汗 怎么能为那么多以毒品交易为生的人 提供 收入呢?
AG: Certainly. Well, the first is, instead of sending a billion dollars on drug eradication and paying it to a couple of security companies, they should give this hundred billion dollars to 50 of the most critically innovative companies in the world to ask them to create one million jobs.
安格:当然。嗯,第一个是,他们不应该将 10 亿美元用于根除毒品并支付给几家安全公司,而应该将这千亿美元交给世界上 50 家最关键的创新公司,要求他们创造 100 万美元工作。
AG:当然了。首先, 不要再花费几十亿美元 在毒品根除上了, 取而代之的是,把资金给几个安全公司, 他们将上千亿美元的资金 分给50个 全球最具开创性的公司, 让他们创造一百万个工作。
The key to the drug eradication is jobs.
根除毒品的关键是就业。
根除毒品的关键在于工作。
Look, there's a very little known fact: countries that have a legal average income per capita of 1,000 dollars don't produce drugs.
看,有一个鲜为人知的事实:法定人均收入为 1,000 美元的国家不生产毒品。
看,这有个鲜为人知的事实: 人均合法的年收入在1000美元以上的国家 不生产毒品。
Second, textile.
二、纺织。
第二,纺织品。
Trade is the key, not aid.
贸易是关键,而不是援助。
贸易是关键,而不是援助。
The U.S. and Europe should give us a zero percent tariff.
美国和欧洲应该给我们零关税。
美国和欧洲应该 给我们零关税。
The textile industry is incredibly mobile.
纺织工业的流动性令人难以置信。
纺织品行业极具移动性。
If you want us to be able to compete with China and to attract investment, we could probably attract four to six billion dollars quite easily in the textile sector, if there was zero tariffs -- would create the type of job.
如果你希望我们能够与中国竞争并吸引投资,如果零关税的话,我们可能很容易在纺织行业吸引四到六十亿美元——将创造这种类型的就业机会。
如果你想让我们有能力与中国竞争并吸引投资, 我们可能可以很轻松地 凭借纺织品行业 吸引60亿美元, 如果零关税的话, 这也可以创造很多工作岗位。
Cotton does not compete with opium; a t-shirt does.
棉花不与鸦片竞争;一件T恤就可以。
棉花不能与鸦片相比, 但是T恤可以。
And we need to understand, it's the value chain.
我们需要理解,这就是价值链。
而且我们需要知道,这是一个价值链。
Look, the ordinary Afghan is sick and tired of hearing about microcredit.
看,普通阿富汗人已经厌倦了听到小额信贷。
看,一个普通的阿富汗已经 对微贷款很厌烦了。
It is important, but what the ordinary women and men who engage in micro-production want is global access.
这很重要,但从事微型生产的普通女性和男性想要的是全球准入。
这很重要, 对于那些从事微生产的人 最需要的的国际的切入口。
They don't want to sell to the charity bazaars that are only for foreigners -- and the same bloody shirt embroidered time and again.
他们不想把同样的血淋淋的衬衫卖给只对外国人开放的慈善集市。
他们不想要卖给仅针对外国人 的慈善义卖会, 而且要把同样的衬衫 一遍又一遍的绣。
What we want is a partnership with the Italian design firms.
我们想要的是与意大利设计公司的合作伙伴关系。
我们需要 与意大利的设计公司合作。
Yeah, we have the best embroiderers in the world!
是的,我们有世界上最好的刺绣师!
是的,我们有全世界最好的缝纫师!
Why can't we do what was done with northern Italy?
为什么我们不能像对待意大利北部那样呢?
为什么我们不能做与意大利北部做的东西一样的呢?
With the Put Out system?
使用 Put Out 系统?
凭着发行系统?
So I think economically, the critical issue really is to now think through.
所以我认为从经济角度来说,现在最关键的问题是要好好思考。
所以我认为,经济上, 关键问题在于如何思考。
And what I will say here is that aid doesn't work.
我在这里要说的是,援助不起作用。
我在这里要说援助没有用。
You know, the aid system is broken.
你知道,援助系统已经崩溃。
你知道,援助系统坏了。
The aid system does not have the knowledge, the vision, the ability.
援助系统没有知识、视野、能力。
它不具备只是 远见,和能力。
I'm all for it; after all, I raised a lot of it.
我完全赞成;毕竟我养了很多。
我是全力支持慈善的;毕竟我提倡了很多。
Yeah, to be exact, you know, I managed to persuade the world that they had to give my country 27.5 billion.
是的,确切地说,你知道,我成功地说服了世界,他们必须向我的国家提供 275 亿美元。
是的,准确的说,我试图 劝说这个世界来 给我的国家275亿。
They didn't want to give us the money.
他们不想给我们钱。
他们不想给我们金钱。
CA: And it still didn't work?
CA:还是没用?
CA:还是不起作用吗?
AG: No. It's not that it didn't work.
AG:不。这并不是说它不起作用。
AG:不。不是不起作用。
It's that a dollar of private investment, in my judgment, is equal at least to 20 dollars of aid, in terms of the dynamic that it generates.
在我看来,就其产生的动力而言,一美元的私人投资至少相当于 20 美元的援助。
只是,一美元的私人投资, 在我看来, 等于至少20美元的援助, 就它产生的动力来看。
Second is that one dollar of aid could be 10 cents; it could be 20 cents; or it could be four dollars.
其次,一美元的援助可能相当于 10 美分;可能是 20 美分;或者可能是四美元。
第二,1美元的援助可能变成10美分 或者20美分, 或者变成4美元,
It depends on what form it comes, what degrees of conditionalities are attached to it.
这取决于它的形式以及附加的条件程度。
这取决于它以什么形式来的, 它附带的条件的级别是什么。
You know, the aid system, at first, was designed to benefit entrepreneurs of the developed countries, not to generate growth in the poor countries.
要知道,援助制度最初是为了让发达国家的企业家受益,而不是为了促进贫穷国家的增长。
你知道,援助系统起初是为了奖励 发达国家的企业家的, 而不是为贫困国家产生财富增长。
And this is, again, one of those assumptions -- the way car seats are an assumption that we've inherited in governments, and doors.
这又是这些假设之一——就像汽车座椅是我们在政府和车门中继承的假设一样。
这又是一个假设: 如同汽车座椅一样的假设, 我们从政府和门继承而来的。
You would think that the US government would not think that American firms needed subsidizing to function in developing countries, provide advice, but they do.
你可能会认为美国政府不会认为美国公司需要补贴才能在发展中国家运作、提供建议,但他们确实需要。
你也许会想美国政府 不认为美国的公司需要 在发展中国家设立分公司,提供建议, 但他们需要。
There's an entire weight of history that now needs to be reexamined.
现在需要重新审视历史的全部分量。
面对面援助 有一个历史的重量 这现在需要被重新检验。
If the goal is to build states that can credibly take care of themselves -- and I'm putting that proposition equally; you know I'm very harsh on my counterparts -- aid must end in each country in a definable period.
如果目标是建立能够可靠地照顾自己的国家——我会平等地提出这个主张;你知道我对我的同行非常严厉——每个国家的援助必须在规定的期限内结束。
如果目标是建立能 可靠地照顾好他们自己的国家, 而我是公平地将提出这个建议的, 你知道,我对于我的对手非常严苛-- 援助必须在每一个国家, 在一定期限内停止。
And every year there must be progress on mobilization of domestic revenue and generation of the economy.
每年在调动国内收入和创造经济方面都必须取得进展。
每一年, 国内收入的流动 和经济的刺激生长必须获得进步。
Unless that kind of compact is entered into, you will not be able to sustain the consensus.
除非达成这样的契约,否则就无法维持共识。
除非那样的一种影响介入, 你们将不能够保持同一意见。