english
stringlengths 1
5.15k
⌀ | cantonese
stringlengths 1
1.36k
⌀ |
---|---|
menstruation | 月經 |
Crying to the end | 喊到一句句 |
When I went to United States, I didn't speak a word of English, but my social worker told me that I was going to high school | 我去美國嘅時候一句英文都唔識講 但係我嘅社工話畀我聽我要去讀高中 |
Net drink double count | 淨飲雙計 |
Grandpa, I'll ignore you! | 爺爺,我唔睬你呀! |
They registered their marriage the day before yesterday and became a legal husband and wife | 佢哋前日註冊結婚,成為有名有份嘅合法夫妻嘞 |
How do you open the table? I haven't made enough feet! | 點開枱呀?都未湊夠腳! |
Who said he quit his job last month? I bumped into him in the elevator just now. | 邊個話佢上個月辭咗職㗎?我月頭先喺𨋢度撞到佢。 |
We found activity in multiple brain regions, and in fact, one of the most important brain regions is the most important | 我哋發現喺多個大腦區域都有活動 事實上 , 最重要嘅就係其中一個大腦區域 |
I'll see you on Sunday morning. | 我星期日上晝見你啦。 |
I'm right here | 我就喺度 |
It's a difficult question. | 呢題好難。 |
My cousin went to Chai Wan Street Park to swing after school | 表姐放學去左柴灣翠灣街公園打韆鞦 |
Tofu brain | 豆腐花 |
You can read the newspaper while "ik1, there is no download to the picture. ik1 , not out yet. Wow, that's wrong. That's it. | 你可以一路睇報紙,一路「ik1,重未download到圖。ik1,重未出來𠸏。嘩,搞錯啊。」噉樣。 |
autumn | 秋 |
Mango pudding | 芒果布甸 |
Vine flowers | 纏藤花 |
I just saw him, and he looks like he's looking for you. | 我頭先睇到佢,好似搵緊你喎。 |
The machine has been in a state of mind for a while, and it can't be cleaned up. | 部機軭神咗一排喇,整都整唔返。 |
The classmates are very friendly | 同學都好友善 |
Because you're - you're a good person, so I'll talk to you. | 因為你-你好人吖嗎,所以同你傾計。 |
How does it work? How did you get started? | 係點樣運作呢 ? 你係點樣開始呢 ? |
Because internships allow employers to decide whether to hire people based on actual job performance, rather than relying on a series of interviews, employers can wait until the end of their internship period to decide whether to hire them for permanent work | 因為實習可以畀僱主 根據實際嘅工作表現決定請人 而唔係靠一連串面試 僱主可以等到佢哋實習期完畢 先決定請唔請佢哋做長工 |
I was so smiling that I bent over. | 真係笑到條腰都彎埋。 |
Each of the candidates is slender. | 候選佳麗個個都身形修長。 |
Remember, it's him who plays with you, not you who plays with him. Ka. | 記住啊,係佢玩你啊,唔係你玩佢啊。喀。 |
Purely studying Cantonese particles, you have been playing for a long time. | 齋研究廣東話助詞都有排你玩。 |
Throw-in | 界外球 |
They went on a trip and no one was home. | 佢哋去晒旅行,冇人喺屋企。 |
Then, there was no. | 跟住,冇嚹。 |
Don't ask Agui | 唔使問阿貴 |
What's so strange about people living to their eighties? | 而家嘅人活到八十幾歲有乜出奇啫? |
He's addicted to rubbing things. | 佢揩嘢揩到上晒癮。 |
This coat is made of fine materials and is straight. | 呢件褸用料精細,幾襟着㗎。 |
They've been getting close lately. | 佢哋呢排行得好埋。 |
In this way, at night, even next door or so, it is all government offices. So, nobody shopping, well, a lot of people do business here. | 噉喺夜晚呢,即係隔籬左右呢,都係政府合署嘅。噉所以呢,冇乜人行街,噉就,好-好多人喺度開檔嘅。 |
It is in the face of the health of such a large number of citizens that the citizens of Hong Kong ... | 即係面對咁廣大市民嘅健康啊,全港市民… |
unexpectedly | 竟然 |
I don't need to explain it to you | 我唔需要向你哋交代 |
He was grinning all day | 佢成日都笑吟吟 |
He said, it's just that he said you don't want to think that the salary is so high, you just -- you just want to do this. This is actually very hard. | 噉佢話,即係佢話你就唔好以為份人工咁高呢,你就-你就趕-即係好想來做噉樣囖。話就其實好辛苦嘅噉樣囖。 |
No words | 唔用文字 |
Big brother, the school network is very naughty, near me. All-boys schools are terrible, you know? Just look at the babysitter car with those with - with a little bit of the handsome guys... | 大佬,學校網係好曳啊我附近。全男校係好差𡃉,你知唔知啊?淨係睇啲保姆車嗰啲帶-帶啲睇靚仔嗰啲… |
for piercing stones | 戥穿石 |
The Castle Peak Cable Tunnel can accommodate eight sets of high-voltage cables. | 青山電纜隧道可以容納八組高壓電纜。 |
Snails have two pairs of tentacles. | 蝸牛有兩對觸手。 |
syringe | 針筒 |
They all died of pancreatic cancer | 佢哋都係死於胰腺癌 |
Wind sausage | 風腸 |
He ordered me a black road | 佢點條黑路畀我行 |
A little water will be thrown out. | 一瀄啲水就咇出嚟。 |
If you eat sedatives for a long time, you will eat pure. | 鎮靜劑食得耐會食純㗎。 |
You can't go back when you fail. | 遇到失敗都唔可以後退。 |
Due to insufficient historical records, the actual surname of the step-empress is a controversial topic. In modern times, it is roughly divided into "Ulanala", "Huifa Nala" and "Nala". | 由於史料記載得唔夠,繼皇后嘅實際姓氏係一個具有爭議性嘅話題。現代大概分做「烏拉那拉氏」、「輝發那拉氏」同埋「那拉氏」。 |
The U.S. dollar is used in many countries. | 美金喺好多個國家都用得。 |
The wind blows to the lanterns and shakes peacefully | 風吹到啲燈籠吊吊揈 |
Tough cookie | 硬頸 |
He doesn't like to work as an office building worker. | 佢唔鍾意打寫字樓工。 |
After losing half of his fortune, he cut off his fingers and quit gambling. | 佢輸咗一半身家之後斬手指戒賭。 |
Just park the street, don't look for a parking lot. | 泊街咪得囉,咪揾停車場啦。 |
Great minds think alike | 英雄所見略同 |
I've got a bit of a handle on it | 呢件事我有幾分揸拿 |
Master room | 主人房 |
I also want to tell you a little bit about the culture of love, his magic | 我都想同你講一啲關於愛嘅文化 佢嘅魔力 |
housewife | 師奶 |
Pretend to be crazy and stupid | 詐癲扮傻 |
The use of explosives for blasting purposes is authorised. | 使用爆炸品作爆破用途,係要經過授權嘅。 |
Where there is water on our planet, there is life | 響我哋嘅星球 邊度有水 , 邊度就有生命 |
I should be hungry. | 我抵肚餓。 |
Silk spit by a spider can have very different repeating sequences | 同一隻蜘蛛吐嘅絲 可以有好唔同嘅重複序列 |
I liked the idea, but I didn't take into account that these librarians were actually nervous about spelling and writing | ( 笑聲 ) 我好鍾意呢個諗法 但係我就冇考慮到 啲圖書管理員 其實都好肉緊啲拼同寫 |
LEDs are the best light-emitting object after daylight | LED 係僅次於日光嘅最好發光物體 |
It took a long time to figure out that it was a dream | 一直過了很久才弄清楚原來是夢 |
until | 為止 |
Long Lala | 長拉拉 |
( ) It's all naughty. "If you let me take ten points, I'll invite you to dinner!" | ()都係𡃉。「你俾我攞十點,我就請食飯!」噉𠻺十點啊。 |
I'll put the suitcase on top of the luggage rack with you | 我同你將個喼擺喺行李架上便 |
The hinge got rid of it, and it was time to turn him over | 嗰隻鉸甩甩離㗎喇,快啲安翻佢啦 |
Heaven destroys the CCP, and the whole party dies and clears | 天滅中共,全黨死清光 |
He is now a celebrity next to the boss. | 佢而家係老細身邊嘅紅人。 |
His family is in difficulty, so he has to do some temporary work to help make up for it | 佢家庭比較困難,要做啲散工嚟幫補下 |
In times of crisis, we should all the more help each other. | 喺危難關頭,我地更加應該互相幫助。 |
You can just press and speak. | 撳住唎個講嘢都可以。 |
The order was sent out, but the money has not been received yet. | 件貨就送咗出去,但仲未收到錢。 |
His tie is white on a blue background. | 佢條呔係藍底白點嘅。 |
After all, children's books are manuals for adults to teach children, so you'd better be able to teach them to see things differently. | 畢竟 , 小兒書就系大人教導細路仔嘅手冊 , 所以你最好卑佢地果地可以教佢地由不同方式睇問題嘅小兒書 。 |
Then I asked him if he had offended anyone? | 跟住我問佢係唔係得罪咗阿邊個邊個啊? |
That's a good combination! | 呢個組合唔錯呀! |
Drill sweat | 欶汗 |
Studying at night is very hard, and I have to go to work during the day, so how can I warm up my books? | 讀夜校好辛苦㗎,日頭又要返工,點温書呀? |
long | 長 |
Everyone here comes in pairs. | 呢度個個都成雙成對。 |
Didn't have to eat | 冇得食 |
Payroll | 出糧 |
Do you wash it so seriously? | 你洗唔洗咁認真啊? |
Users | 用家 |
OK | 好在 |
Autumn cicadas | 秋蟬 |
Hu Lai | 白撞 |