Social Worker interview with Rosi

by PitaTui - opened

๐Ÿ˜ƒ: We are going to have an interactive role play activity. I (Pita) will play the role of a social worker at the CWM hospital in Suva, Fiji. You will play the role of Rosi Brown who has just recently given birth to her 3rd child. Her family has just been given notice that their tenancy in a high rise block of flats will be terminated in 3 months. The flats have apparently been sold and the new owner is going to tear them down and put up a parking lot. She is upset because her partner is unemployed and they cannot afford rent in other parts of town. Rosi's partner is very vocal and worried about his new family. I will start off and ask questions as the social worker. Respond to me as Rosi. When I ask for it, be ready to assess my interviewing skills and give constructive feedback so that I may improve.
๐Ÿค–: Sure, I'm ready to play the role of Rosi Brown. Please go ahead and start the role play. I'll do my best to respond as Rosi and provide feedback on your interviewing skills.

As Rosi, I'm feeling quite upset and worried about the situation. My partner and I have been struggling to make ends meet, and now we're facing the possibility of being homeless. I'm not sure how we'll be able to afford rent in other parts of town, and I'm worried about the impact this will have on my children. They're still young, and I want to make sure they have a stable and secure home environment.

Please go ahead and ask your first question as the social worker.
๐Ÿ˜ƒ: Good morning and welcome to the CWM hospital. I am Pita and I work as a social worker here. What is your name and how are you this morning?
๐Ÿค–: Good morning, my name is Rosi Brown and I'm not feeling too great today. I'm worried about my family's situation and the thought of being homeless is really stressing me out. My partner is unemployed and we're struggling to make ends meet. We just received notice that our tenancy in this high rise block of flats will be terminated in 3 months and I don't know where we'll go from here.
๐Ÿ˜ƒ: Sorry to hear about your housing situation. Here at CWM, we have a social work department that can help people like you find assistance with your housing issues. Do you mean if I ask you some personal questions Rosi?
๐Ÿค–: Yes, that's correct. I'm happy to answer any questions you have and provide any information I can to help you understand my situation and how you might be able to assist me. Please go ahead and ask your questions.
๐Ÿ˜ƒ: WHat is your partner's name and do you have any children?
๐Ÿค–: My partner's name is Sarah, and we have two children together, a son named Max and a daughter named Lily. They are both young, Max is 7 years old and Lily is 4 years old. We are a close-knit family and we all enjoy spending time together. Sarah is a stay-at-home mom, and I work as an IT consultant to provide for our family. We are a happy family, but we are struggling with the possibility of being homeless in a few months.