Duplicate Space Issue

by bbox1136 - opened

When you duplicate a space now, it requires you to sign in on the second iteration of pages but when clicking on either option to login (the pop up or the box), the output is "Forbidden Embedding" - thus, you can only do one page per duplicated space.

Hi,

if you duplicate the space, you will have complete freedom and full control over the code and configuration,
but this means some understanding of how Spaces work on Hugging Face (a knowledge of Docker and Next.js is also a plus)

As you will have full control, you can edit the environment variables and remove what you don't need, which in this case are the variables related to the oauth workflow:

ENABLE_HUGGING_FACE_OAUTH
ENABLE_HUGGING_FACE_OAUTH_WALL
HUGGING_FACE_OAUTH_CLIENT_ID
HUGGING_FACE_OAUTH_REDIRECT_URL

I didn't document this part, because we only need one official AI Comic Factory app: so by default there are blank (the .env committed with the repository doesn't define them).

But you are right, I forgot that if someone's duplicate a space, they will see public variables. That is not an issue however, you can remove them manually by leaving them blank like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 10.19.40.png

While those environment variables aren't sensitive and I could leave them public, I think to make this easier and less confusing to people I will move them to secret environment variables in my Hugging Face Space, that way people will see them (and keep them) blank

UPDATE: I have deployed a new version of the configuration, to implement what I've said in last (migrate the settings from public to private)

hopefully this should make it easier to duplicate a space now