english
stringlengths 0
3.27k
| non_english
stringlengths 0
13.3k
|
---|---|
He wasn't French. | 不 他不是法国人 |
It was in Nevers. | 那是在内韦尔 |
At first we met in barns. | 我们先是在谷仓会面 |
Then among the ruins. | 后来在废墟中相会 |
Then in rooms. | 再后来在房间里 |
Like anywhere else. | 反正处处都去 |
Then he died. | 然后 他死了 |
I was 18. | 我那时十八岁 |
He was 23. | 他二十三岁 |
Why speak of him and not others? - Why not? | 为什么不讲点别的 光讲他 |
- No! Why? | -为什么不呢 |
-不 为什么 |
|
Because of Nevers. | 由于内韦尔 |
I'm only just beginning to know you, and from the many thousands of things in your life, | 我才能开始了解你 因此 我在你一生所经历的 成千上万件事情中 |
I choose Nevers. | 选择了内韦尔 |
Just like that? - Yes. | 像选择其他事物一样 |
- No, it wasn't by chance. | -是的 -不 这决非偶然 |
You have to tell me why. | 你应该告诉我为什么 |
I somehow understand that it was there that you were so young that you didn't yet belong to anyone in particular, and I like that. | 我是这样理解的 我觉得你当时如此年轻... 年轻得你还没有确切地属于哪个人 |
No, that's not it. | 我喜欢这样 不 不是那么回事 |
I somehow understand that it was there that I almost lost you and ran the risk of never, ever meeting you. | 我是这样理解的 我以为 我险些失去你... 而且 我很可能永远也不认识你 |
I somehow understand that it was there that you began to be who you are today. | 我是这样理解的 我认为你大概已经开始成为今天的你了 |
I want to leave this place! | 我要离开这里 |
There's nothing left for us to do now but kill the hours until your departure. | 现在 在你临走之前 我们只有消磨时间了 |
Sixteen hours until your flight. | 离飞机起飞还有十六个小时 |
It's too much! | 时间太长了 |
You mustn't be afraid. | 不 你不必害怕 |
Does "Nevers" have any other meaning in French? | 在法语里 内韦尔这个词 没有任何别的含义吗 |
No. | 没有任何含义 没有 |
Would you have been cold in that cellar in Nevers if we had loved each other? | 如果我们俩相爱 那你在内韦尔的这个地下室里会感到冷吗 |
I would have been cold. | 我会感到冷的 |
The cellars in Nevers are cold both summer and winter. | 在内韦尔 地下室都很冷 无论夏天还是冬天 都很冷 |
The city slopes down to a river called the Loire. | 这座城市是沿着一条 叫做卢瓦尔的河流而筑起的 |
I can't picture Nevers. Nevers. | 我无法想象内韦尔的样子 |
Population 40,000. | 内韦尔是座小城 只有四万居民 |
Built like a capital. | 建造得像座首府 |
A child can walk all the way around it. | (但是)连一个小孩也能环城走上一圈的 |
I was born in Nevers. | 我在内韦尔出生 |
I grew up in Nevers. | 我在内韦尔长大 |
I learned to read in Nevers. | 我在内韦尔念书 |
That's where I turned 20. | 我就是在那儿度过了二十个春秋 |
And the Loire? | 那么 卢瓦尔河呢 |
It's a completely unnavigable river. | 那是一条压根儿不能通航的河流 |
It's always empty due to its irregular course and sand bars. | 由于水流曲折 沙洲众多 河面上总是空荡荡的 |
In France it's considered a very beautiful river, due mostly to its light. | 在法国 卢瓦尔河被视为 一条非常美丽的河流 尤其是因为水光柔和 |
So very soft. | 那光线是那么柔和 |
If you only knew. | 要是你知道就好了 |
When you're in the cellar, am I dead? | 你在地下室的时候 我已经死了 |
You're dead. | 你已经死了 而且... |
How can anyone endure such pain? | 怎么能忍受这样的痛苦呢 |
The cellar is small. | 地下室是很小的 |
Very small. | 非常小 |
The Marseillaise passes above my head. | 《马赛曲》的歌声从我头顶飘过 |
It's deafening! | 这歌声... |
震耳欲聋 |
|
Hands become useless in a cellar. | 在地下室里 我的双手变得毫无用处 |
They claw and scrape away at the rocks until they bleed. | 它们在墙上搔 它们在墙上刮破了皮... 直到出血 |
It's all you can think of to help yourself and to remember. | 这就是我唯一能找到的可做的事情 为了使自己好过些... 也是为了记住 |
I loved blood since I had tasted yours. | 自从我尝过自己的血之后 我就喜欢血了 |
The world passes by above my head, in place of the sky, of course. | 所有的人都在我的头上肆意践踏 当然 看到的不是天空... |
I watch that world pass by. | 我看见这个社会在走动 |
Hurriedly during the week, leisurely on Sundays. | 平日里 他们疾步行走 星期天就缓缓而行 |
It doesn't know I'm in the cellar. | 他们不知道我在地下室里 |
They pretend I'm dead. | 他们把我当做死人 |
Dead, far from Nevers. | 远离内韦尔的死人 |
My father prefers it that way, since I was disgraced. | 我父亲宁愿我死掉 因为我已名誉扫地 |
My father prefers... | 我父亲巴不得我死掉... |
Do you scream? | 你在喊叫 |
Not in the beginning. | 起初没有 我没有喊叫 |
I call your name softly. - But I'm dead. | 我轻轻地呼唤你的名字 |
- I call your name anyway. | 可是 我已经死了 我还是在呼唤你 |
Even if you're dead. | 即便你已经死去 |
Then one day, I suddenly scream. | 后来 有一天 我突然大喊大叫起来 |
Loud, like a deaf person. | 像个聋子似的 拼命喊叫 |
That's when they put me in the cellar. | 于是 他们就把我关进地下室里 |
To punish me. | 为了惩罚我 |
- What did you scream? | 叫喊些什么呢 |
- Your German name. Just your name. | 你的德国名字 只喊你的名字 |
The only memory I have left is your name. | 我只记得一件事 那就是你的名字 |
I promise I won't scream anymore, so they take me back up to my room. | 我答应不再喊叫 于是 他们把我扶回到楼上我的房间里 |
I yearn for you so badly I can't bear it anymore. | 我需要你 我无法忍受这种需要的煎熬 |
- Are you afraid? | 你害怕吗 |
- I'm afraid everywhere. | 我害怕 在任何地方 |
In the cellar. In my room. | 在地下室里 房间里 |
- Of what? | -怕什么 |
- Of never seeing you again. | -怕再也见不到你 |
Ever. | 永远 永远见不到你 |
I turn 20 one day in the cellar. | 一天 我刚满二十岁 那时 我在地下室里 |
My mother comes and tells me I'm 20 years old. | 我母亲来告诉我 说我二十岁了 |
My mother's crying. | 我母亲哭了 |
Do you spit in your mother's face? | 你往你母亲脸上吐唾沫了 |
Drink. | 喝吧 |
Afterwards, I don't remember anymore. | 后来 我什么也不知道了 |
I don't remember anymore. | 我什么也不知道了... |
You were saying the cellars in Nevers are old and damp? | 内韦尔的地下室都很陈旧 很潮湿 你刚才说... |
Yes, full of saltpeter. | 是的 到处是墙硝 |
Sometimes a cat comes in to have a look around. | 有时 一只猫进来张望 |
It doesn't bother me. | 这倒没什么了不得的 |
I don't remember anymore. | 我什么也不知道了 |
How long? | 有多长时间 |