In Chapter 3 you got your first taste of the 🤗 Datasets library and saw that there were three main steps when it came to fine-tuning a model:
- Load a dataset from the Hugging Face Hub.
- Preprocess the data with
- Load and compute metrics.
But this is just scratching the surface of what 🤗 Datasets can do! In this chapter, we will take a deep dive into the library. Along the way, we’ll find answers to the following questions:
- What do you do when your dataset is not on the Hub?
- How can you slice and dice a dataset? (And what if you really need to use Pandas?)
- What do you do when your dataset is huge and will melt your laptop’s RAM?
- What the heck are “memory mapping” and Apache Arrow?
- How can you create your own dataset and push it to the Hub?